cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a time when sign up bonuses are higher?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a time when sign up bonuses are higher?

Simple question, really!

Are there certain months or time periods when sign up bonuses are higher? 

Considering to app for a couple cards and wondering if I should wait. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a time when sign up bonuses are higher?

Not really. There are targeted offers and signups can change anytime. If you want a card, apply for it. You can search here or Doctorofcredit if you want to see what the best bonus available is.
Message 2 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

The week after you apply for a new card !

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol Smiley Very Happy Thanks, guys. I thought maybe around the holidays or something ha ha but I guess there is no real rhyme or reason.

Message 4 of 6
newhis
Valued Contributor

As many things in credit, it varies. Most stay the same, a few can change.

I got AARP when the bonus was $200 (instead of $100). I just got CFU with $300 (instead of $150) for applying in a branch. For me is curious that Chase sometimes give more for in branch apps vs online, while BofA gives bonus for online app and $0 in branch.

The original Freedom used to increase the bonus 1 or 2 times a year (Nov-Dec and sometimes Jun-Jul). I think last year there was no special bonus, or at least I didn't read about it, all Chase talk was for CSR and a possible 'triple dip' with the travel reimbursement.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

As many things in credit, it varies. Most stay the same, a few can change.

I got AARP when the bonus was $200 (instead of $100). I just got CFU with $300 (instead of $150) for applying in a branch. For me is curious that Chase sometimes give more for in branch apps vs online, while BofA gives bonus for online app and $0 in branch.

The original Freedom used to increase the bonus 1 or 2 times a year (Nov-Dec and sometimes Jun-Jul). I think last year there was no special bonus, or at least I didn't read about it, all Chase talk was for CSR and a possible 'triple dip' with the travel reimbursement.

I bank with Chase myself and would often see around summer and winter promotions for the Freedom cards, so, I was curious! Thanks for the valuable info! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.