cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change my due date/payment date to a specific date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to change my due date/payment date to a specific date?

I am wondering if on my Cap one Platinum mastercard if there was a way for me to set my due date/payment date at a specific date? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a way to change my due date/payment date to a specific date?

I haven't experienced any issues changing the dates on my cards to the date i wanted. The date I wanted for my Nordstrom though was not available, and it was one day off. Capital One, I can't remember if they said no. You might have to work around what they tell you is not avaiable.

Message 2 of 5
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Most Banks and Credit Unions will let you change the payment//statement date. key word "most"

Because you change the payment//statement date they may or may not change the reporting date.

I have found 3 dates and balances that my Banks, and Credit Unions report to the Credit Bureau.

1. Statement Balance / Reported 1 to 3 day's after statement cuts. (Citi-DC, Barclay, FNBO)
2. Statement Balance / Reported at end of the month. (2 Credit Unions),

3. End of month Balance / Reported at end of month. (Bank of the West, US-Bank)

** (Regardless of when you statement cuts, or what balance is on your statement) **

Message 3 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Changing your DD with Capital One shouldn't be a problem... I've done it in the past with no trouble at all

Here's an article with a synopses of the process with the major lenders:  http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2016/04/15/bet-you-didnt-know-how-to-change-credit-card-due-da...

Message 4 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's easy. As the article linked to in the post above says, go to the Services menu, choose "Change Payment Due Date," and follow the steps. You'll be given the choice of seven different due dates, and you'll even be able to see what the new statement date will be.

It'll take about two billing cycles for the changes to kick in. For me, in the first month, the due date remained the same, but the statement date changed. For the second month, the process was complete.

On the first statement after you've made the change, look for something like this at the bottom:

YOUR BILLING CYCLE AND PAYMENT DUE DATE ARE CHANGING because of a change in your mailing address or a request from you. Your billing cycle will now be ending on the 26th of every month. Check your statement next month for your new payment due date.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.