Regular Contributor
loviedovie

Is there any reason to deny a CLI that is offered to you?

[ Edited ]
I just asked if Citi could increase the limit on my student account since I have graduated and am now employed earning income. The rep asked what kind of increase I wanted and I said, I dunno... 5k? Whatever you can do without a hard pull. He asked all of his questions (income, etc.) and came back with 3,300. He said I might get the 5k if I let them do the hard pull but that was the best he could do with a SP. He said it was up to me if I wanted to take it...

An increase is an increase, right? Is there any reason I would not want to take it?

Starting Score: EXP 615 | TU 610 | EQ 635
Current Score: EXP 719 (lender pull 10/15) | TU 707 | EQ 700 (lender pull 10/25)
Goal Score: 740
Regular Contributor
loviedovie

Re: Is there any reason to deny a CLI that is offered to you?

(original was 2k, opened about 7 months ago)

Starting Score: EXP 615 | TU 610 | EQ 635
Current Score: EXP 719 (lender pull 10/15) | TU 707 | EQ 700 (lender pull 10/25)
Goal Score: 740
09Lexie

Senior Contributor
B335is

Def take it.  Any time you can avoid a HP for an increase is a good thing.

Valued Contributor
takeshi74

loviedovie wrote:
Is there any reason I would not want to take it?

That's really something you'd have to tell us.  Why did you want the CLI?

The only reason I can think of is if someone knows that they can't manage the additional credit.

Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Another reason not to take it might be if you expected your income to rise a lot in the near future (I know it just has) and if the issuer has a limit on how often you can get a CLI, taking one now may mean a delay in getting the big one you want.  But even then a smaller increase for longer might be worth it, so yes, take it!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}