Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a Good Sign??? Bank of America

tag
billyboo
Established Member

Is this a Good Sign??? Bank of America

The few credit card offers i receive inthe mail are for Secured Orchard Bank or Capital One Secured.  This week i Received an offer to apply for the Bank of Americard Cash Rewards.  It is not secured.  Does this mean things are looking up for me?  Any thoughts?

Thank You : )

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Is this a Good Sign??? Bank of America

@billyboo wrote:

The few credit card offers i receive inthe mail are for Secured Orchard Bank or Capital One Secured.  This week i Received an offer to apply for the Bank of Americard Cash Rewards.  It is not secured.  Does this mean things are looking up for me?  Any thoughts?

Possibly. You've met BofA's criteria for the card when they softed you. That's not saying you'll meet other prime lenders criteria but it is a good sign indeed.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Does it say pre-approved or something else (like pre-selected)?  If it says pre-approved, it should mean you got softed and they like what they see.  If it says something else, you can't really read anything into it.  It could just mean that you got on mailing list that BofA likes.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@billyboo wrote:

Things are looking better, but that is not a guaranteed approval.
Message 4 of 8
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Pre-approvals never mean you're guarenteed to be approved. But BofA does seem to take their pre-approvals more seriously than most other CCCs. I've read more then a few stories on this board of people gettting approval on recon by mentioning that they were pre-approved.

Message 5 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I've had a BoA signature card. In fact, it was my first CC at 18.

Then I screwed the pooch on it...yadayada.

Then how about a 1-2 ago, I talked to a branch manager about taking out a personal loan, and instead she told me they do not offer personal loans anymore, but rather CCs.

She looked at my profile and said, "It's prompting me to ask if you would like a CC. You've been pre-approved.." I said sure, may as well (had no prime cards at the time) "I'm sorry, you weren't approved...."

Thanks BoA for softing and advising me I had been pre-approved.  But oh well, I certainly wasn't shocked given my credit file at that time, but that should have been obvious via their SP.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 8
billyboo
Established Member

It says "pre-selected" to receive this exceptional offer...

I guess this can apply to anyone in the county.  : (  and i here i thought i was getting a little more worthy in the eyes of the credit beholders!

Message 7 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Preselected doesn't mean anything. It could be you got on mailing list. However it could mean they softed your credit report. Only way for sure and see if you see soft pull on any of our reports from bofa
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.