Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good card???

tag
kimcakee
Established Member

Is this a good card???

I got a pre-approved offer from Discover. Its the Discover Cashback bonus. 0% APR and balance transfer for 15months. Also no annual fee. APR will be 8-18%.
I dont have any Discover card. Do you think this is a good card to get? I need your advice! Thanks Smiley Happy
as of June 12, 2012
EQ FICO 689, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 713 --NO BADDIES
BoA platinum Visa (600CL), Cap1 No hassle cash reward MC (750CL)
Barclay Carnival MC (2500CL), AU on Direct rewards HSBC (500CL)
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this a good card???

I have had my Discover Card for 21+ years so yes I would say you should get the card.. The customer serivce is great.  You might want to look at the Discovercard.com. Discover offers three types of cards with different rewards.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

Do you know what type of Discover it is?

Message 3 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

I have had my Discover Card for 21+ years so yes I would say you should get the card.. The customer serivce is great.  You might want to look at the Discovercard.com. Discover offers three types of cards with different rewards.

Andy on a different note, i just noticed that you registered exactly 1 year after me Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndySoCal wrote:

+1

I actually have had by Discover More Card for about 2 years and they have an amazing CS and they do soft pull CLI requests. They also have one if not the best online "shopping mall." They usually have 5-25% year round cashback from stores ranging from Apple to Zales Smiley Wink.

Message 5 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AndySoCal wrote:

+1

I actually have had by Discover More Card for about 2 years and they have an amazing CS and they do soft pull CLI requests. They also have one if not the best online "shopping mall." They usually have 5-25% year round cashback from stores ranging from Apple to Zales Smiley Wink.

They do? Thats good to know. I always thought Discover did HP for CLI's

I have the More and its a great card

Message 6 of 21
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

It's Discover - and with those offers - of course you should go for it!  I would cut up that HSBC card right after I receive my "Congratulations...." email/letter.  But that is my personal bias. Me no like HSBC!!!! And Discover has been one of the only two cards that I want to get back after having ruinend my credit.  When I was approved last summer, I thought my eyeballs would pop out of my head like a cartoon character. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 7 of 21
kimcakee
Established Member

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies.

I don't know what type of Discover card it is. On the mail it only says Discover Cashback bonus and its color orange. 5% cashback on gas, groceries etc and 1% on all other transactions.

It says Im pre approved. But my i just opened my Cap1 last july 2011 and my Barclay last december 2011. Will this affect my barclay? Ive read a thread that barclay closes accounts when they see a couple of new accounts opened. Is this true? I dont want to lose my barclay.

Should I apply for this Discover card? How do I find out what Discover card it is?
as of June 12, 2012
EQ FICO 689, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 713 --NO BADDIES
BoA platinum Visa (600CL), Cap1 No hassle cash reward MC (750CL)
Barclay Carnival MC (2500CL), AU on Direct rewards HSBC (500CL)
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be surprised if you get the 18% rate.  
Message 9 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@kimcakee wrote:
I got a pre-approved offer from Discover. Its the Discover Cashback bonus. 0% APR and balance transfer for 15months. Also no annual fee. APR will be 8-18%.
I dont have any Discover card. Do you think this is a good card to get? I need your advice! Thanks Smiley Happy

Considering your scores I would say it's a decent offer. How many other CC accounts do you have?? What is the total credit of all added up?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.