Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good plan?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this a good plan?

If something "better" I'm not getting it cuz the entire point is to age the accounts I have
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if I were you I would just stick with Hilton.
Message 12 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

And im sorry but if youre dumping your cashback into savings wouldn't it make more sense to use that money to pay down the balances?

Your savings is making far, far, far less than you're paying in interest.
Message 13 of 17
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Wait what? Why would I do that? That's not what I want to do at all. The balances are going to be paid off completely next month. So I'm not sure why that would even be an option
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 14 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Because your savings is making 0.05 percent while you pay 15 percent in interest on a card. Thats why it makes no sense. I keep trying to explain this to you but you either dont want to or cant understand what Im saying.

So ill try one last time. Balances before all else. Before rewards. Before 0.05 percent savings. Theres no point in saving up money as you pay huge interest.

I get that you're paying the balances off soon. But just try to keep it in mind for the future. Your whole approach of rewards is backwards here.
Message 15 of 17
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Oooooook whatever you say

Message 16 of 17
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I'm only carrying a balance on 2 cards that charge interest, and I haven't been using either one for now. Sooooo I guess

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.