Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a legit pre-approval or no?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a legit pre-approval or no?

Just thought I'd see if I could get this to pop up and first time ever it finally did. However, I have a ton of new inquiries and accounts. How legit do you think this is? I imagine I'd probably still get declined.LLbean.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a legit pre-approval or no?

Yes, it's a prequalified offer and more than likely you'll be approved but as always people can be and are declined.

Message 2 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Bottom of the pic

Offer is subject to credit approval.

So most likely yes, but theres a chance no.

Id go for it if you want it, you should get it.

Message 3 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

That's legit, I was approved from an offer like that back in November with 12 inquires on tu. I was my fifth Barclays card.
Message 4 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just thought I'd see if I could get this to pop up and first time ever it finally did. However, I have a ton of new inquiries and accounts. How legit do you think this is? I imagine I'd probably still get declined.LLbean.png

I believe it's' legitimate.

BTW I have that card and like it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 9
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

It's not a guarantee. I got the same window, apped and denied.
Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 6 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Pre-approval does not mean automatic approval. But it is a legit offer here.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't pre-qualified offers put that "subject to credit approval" disclaimer on there in the event that in the time that transpires between when you were pre-qualified for the offer and when you apply your score drops?  While this can be a day or two, many times it can be a month or two which we all know could result in a dramatic decrease (or increase) in score which could of course impact the pre-qualified offer.

I always read them as "you're pre-qualified assuming nothing has adversely changed your credit reports since this offer was generated."

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is more "you are pre qualified based on the limited information we have gathered so far, but we need to get the whole picture before we say yes."

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.