Did you mean: 

Is this a pre approval

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this a pre approval

@debsunshine wrote:

Is this a pre approval  

No, but even if it was you cannot rely on preapps.

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, this seems to be some kind of pre-qualification, because it mentions a specific APR, which in your case is their lowest offered rate.

Still doesn't mean anything.  The actual APR that the OP would receive would be based on the hard pull and may differ from the offer.

Message 11 of 20
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Two days ago I had my friend use card match and she was "pre-approved" for several AMEX products. She has a collections account on her CR so I don't put much faith into card match. 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Two days ago I had my friend use card match and she was "pre-approved" for several AMEX products. She has a collections account on her CR so I don't put much faith into card match. 

Yeah I definitely notice that it can be pretty weird. My dad has an 800+ score, with perfect history, and all he got were the rebuilder offers.

Message 13 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

It had been so long, this thread inspired me to go try card match myself and surprisingly enough it is showing me Chase cards.  This is the first time EVER it has shown me anything other than sub-prime stuff like Cap1 and First Premier.  It's showing CSP, Freedom, and Slate. 

Which CRA do they soft for these?

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

It had been so long, this thread inspired me to go try card match myself and surprisingly enough it is showing me Chase cards.  This is the first time EVER it has shown me anything other than sub-prime stuff like Cap1 and First Premier.  It's showing CSP, Freedom, and Slate. 

They always show me Chase cards, and Chase is my only denial over the last year. Of course they also show me several First Premier cards. I could probably get those. Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Card Match uses TU.. If TU is on ice it doesn't work, if unfroozen it works.   Seen the SP's on TU report.  So ya AMEX with a TU pull for pre-qual, dunno about that.

Message 16 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

My SPs from here were showing up on TU

Message 17 of 20
spartanspirit
Contributor

Just tried to see what I, if any, could prequalify for. I got the special offer for American Express everyday as well and American Express platinum and three different first premier cards
Message 18 of 20
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

If your score is high enough it should work.

We tried Cardmatch for my cousin who is rebuilding with a thin file. The AMEX ED offer came up as well so we tried it, no dice. They even double pulled her (EX and TU)

We tried Cardmatch for my mom who has 700+ FICO and several years of history. The AMEX ED offer also came up for her. Approved for $6K and backdating to 1978.

YMMV basically.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried card match and it said we couldn't locate a credit file in your name! Do they pull TU? Here on MYFICO I wanted to get the 3 B FICO score monitoring, and TU came up saying insufficient credit history, which when I called the lady said you have to have at least six months of credit history in order to generate a FICO score. I have a couple of baddies on my TU report due to fall off in August, so I guess the six months is being reflected in my first credit card in the last seven years that I opened in November?
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.