Is this a trick with Cap1 combining?!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Is this a trick with Cap1 combining?!

I went to mine to do it:

Account Combination

No Cards Eligible

No Cards EligibleSorry! None of your cards are currently eligible for an account combination.

Card Eligibility Requirements

• Card accounts must be in good standing
  • Card accounts must be open for at least 6 months
  • One card account must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions
  • Card accounts must be linked in your online banking profile

I have a QS from 2010 with $3k limit and $0 balance

I have a Spark from 2013 with $2k limit and $0 balance

Sony from 2014 with $2250 limit and $0 balance

Venture One $7000 limit with $5.50 balance that is only 4 months old

and Venture not showing yet (have not received card)

I expected QS and Sony at minimum to be options!?

What gives?!

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a trick with Cap1 combining?!

@Creditaddict wrote:

I went to mine to do it:

Account Combination

No Cards Eligible

No Cards EligibleSorry! None of your cards are currently eligible for an account combination.

Card Eligibility Requirements

• Card accounts must be in good standing
  • Card accounts must be open for at least 6 months
  • One card account must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions
  • Card accounts must be linked in your online banking profile

I have a QS from 2010 with $3k limit and $0 balance

I have a Spark from 2013 with $2k limit and $0 balance

Sony from 2014 with $2250 limit and $0 balance

Venture One $7000 limit with $5.50 balance that is only 4 months old

and Venture not showing yet (have not received card)

I expected QS and Sony at minimum to be options!?

What gives?!

All signs point to call EO.

Message 2 of 40
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Cobranded (Sony) is almost certainly not eligible.

Your Venture cards are too new, as you can read, they have to be 6 months old.

Spark can't be combined with the personal cards.

Call EO for what? OP just needs to wait for Venture to age. This is exactly what I mean with overusing the EO.

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

has it worked for anyone? i have 4 cards. 2 are eligibile based on the guidelines cap 1 is providing but i am still getting the same message.  i have two qs's both over 6 months old, both 0 balance, no pending transactions, linked online and it still wont allow me. I called and the supervisor came back and said they havent rolled it out fully yet and its not working for anyone 

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

i certainly would not call the EO for this though.  1 - its not urgent enough 2- its a brand new feature that may not be working fully yet 3- EO is for urgent concerns and shouldnt be abused. 

Message 5 of 40
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i certainly would not call the EO for this though.  1 - its not urgent enough 2- its a brand new feature that may not be working fully yet 3- EO is for urgent concerns and shouldnt be abused. 

Correct, and there's nothing wrong here to warrant calling the EO...OP's cards don't fit the (clear) policies laid out on the page. Once the Venture is  6 months old he will have no issue...the Sony and Spark are just ineligible for this period.

EO would be of no help, and is a waste of time and effort not just for the customer but for them as well in this case -- they shouldn't be overused.

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

EO appears to be the catch-all for all first world Capital One problems. Why would this be any different? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 40
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EO appears to be the catch-all for all first world Capital One problems. Why would this be any different? Smiley Wink

Haha, it's very overused with Capital One and honestly, the more it gets overused, the less likely it will be easily available in the future.

I could see them staffing the EO's main number with frontline CSRs who will bounce you back to the lowly "regular" call center if your inquiry does not merit needing the EO (and let's face it, probably 80+% of our questions don't).

Message 8 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct, and there's nothing wrong here to warrant calling the EO...OP's cards don't fit the (clear) policies laid out on the page. Once the Venture is  6 months old he will have no issue...the Sony and Spark are just ineligible for this period.

EO would be of no help, and is a waste of time and effort not just for the customer but for them as well in this case -- they shouldn't be overused.

the guidelines say nothing about co-branded cards and spark cards not being able to combine (they are both on my log in which it does state need to be)

ill wait but is it actually working for anyone?

Message 9 of 40
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Not working at all received the same message.

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.