cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this considered travel credit on the CSR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this considered travel credit on the CSR?

I am going on a cruise and I have $285 left of my travel credit available. If I use this on the ship is it travel credit? I assume yes.

And what about UBER? Does that count as well?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this considered travel credit on the CSR?

Uber definitely. I do recall that cruise lines were an included category.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

"Q. What types of merchants are in the 'travel' category?
A. Merchants in the travel category include airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, campgrounds and operators of passenger trains, buses, taxis, limousines, ferries, toll bridges and highways, and parking lots and garages. Please note that some merchants that provide transportation and travel-related services are not included in this category; for example, real estate agents, in-flight goods and services, on-board cruise line goods and services, sightseeing activities, excursions, tourist attractions, merchants within hotels and airports, and merchants that rent vehicles for the purpose of hauling. In addition, the purchasing of points or miles does not qualify in this category."

Yup cruises are included.. I forgot the Ritz also had a $300 credit... thanks for reminding me!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Thanks yall!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep! I used my CSR for all of my Thanksgiving cruise incidentals and got my 3X points. So long as the merchant categorizes the costs as travel the 3x points automatically calculate. The only issue I had was when I booked a charter boat to the BVI's that wasn't categorized by the merchant as travel. I called Chase and they issued me my points however Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.