Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

Re: Is this hurting my credit?

KingAdrock wrote:

If you ever have a live human being look at your CR, (i.e. a manual review) "Closed by consumer" does look better than "Closed by credit grantor". That being said, manual reviews are not too common nor does it appear to be substantial difference. But yes, as far as your FICO is concerned they are no different.

I've got a feeling that just about everyone on the planet will have that notation appearing somewhere on his/her credit report, given the credit climate of the past year and a half...I don't think even a manual reviewer would pay much mind to it at all, as the account was closed in good standing.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+