Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't it insult?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Isn't it insult?

@bobbay wrote:

mark *****RETURN TO SENDER*****   everytime you get crappy offers from crappy lenders.  then just put them back in the mailbox

+1     When I get crap in the mail I don't like,  I send the return  envelope back to them........empty,  and make them pay the postage.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last one that was sent to me was FP, and I kept it in my home office.  It serves as a reminder to me what I rebuilt from and to keep things in the direction they are going now.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just put a bunch of lead weights in the return envelope and send back.
Message 23 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

mark *****RETURN TO SENDER*****   everytime you get crappy offers from crappy lenders.  then just put them back in the mailbox

+1     When I get crap in the mail I don't like,  I send the return  envelope back to them........empty,  and make them pay the postage.

Apparently (googling this) unless there is an endorsement like "Address Serivice Requested" unopened mail marked return to sender will either be thrown away at the post office, or, if it 1st class mail, returned to the sender at no cost (the fee is built into the postage).

So, using the return envelope might work better, except that you are causing inconvenience to an innocent minimum pay employee (he/she didn't sent the mail to you) and if enough people do it, I would guess the cccs would stop enclosing prepaid envelopes, rather than stopping the practice.

And re the original question: of course it isn't an insult.   You fall within their huge range of potential targets, so you get the offer.  Nothing personal about it (which would really be required for it to be an insult.)

Message 24 of 28
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

And re the original question: of course it isn't an insult.   You fall within their huge range of potential targets, so you get the offer.  Nothing personal about it (which would really be required for it to be an insult.)

Right, when it comes to all things financial (from banks to CCs), there is absolutely nothing personal involved.  Matter of fact, most use computer algorithms to remove the human element, which goes a long way to insulate them form allegations of discrimination.

Taking declines, CLDs and low initial limits on a personal level is one of the more frequent mistakes people on here make.  

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I keep receiving cards from mail for bad credit like CreditOne, First Premier Bank. I don't know why, but i do have a good credit. Never had late payments, no bad record or anything. I feel like i have bad credit with there offer. Smiley Indifferent

I got an offer for a prepaid card the other day. After I got done snorting and laughing it went into the bin.

It's like the Nigerian 419 scam, they only need a small percentage to fall for it to make money. Don't even give it a second thought, your scores are fine.

I am more interested in your Simmon's Bank card! What was your credit profile when you applied for that card? I heard it is one of the hardest card to get approved of.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If someone doesn't like getting them, they could always opt out like I did, although First Premier hasn't gotten the memo yet. 

Message 27 of 28
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why does the CL matter if it is going to be axed anyway?

I figured it'd look better for a manual review if the posted CL is $1,000 vs $750. Just my crazy thinking I guess. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.