Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues moving Citi CL / Simplicity App. Escalated issue / 2nd HP req

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Issues moving Citi CL / Simplicity App. Escalated issue / 2nd HP req

Lucky you in the end... my partner went through this whole thing and asked to move the CL's and it came back DENIED - he did not QUALIFY!~!

Qualify, he already HAS THE CREDIT!

and that was already the EO office that had to call back with the declined to move cl that had just been approved... terrible process and they are about the last major bank that does not easily move CL's between accounts.

Message 11 of 21
vpae
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Lucky you in the end... my partner went through this whole thing and asked to move the CL's and it came back DENIED - he did not QUALIFY!~!

and that was already the EO office that had to call back with the declined to move cl that had just been approved... terrible process and they are about the last major bank that does not easily move CL's between accounts.

Oh dang, I'm sorry. Smiley Sad

I thought I was about to have to go the EO route. But I just asked to speak with a supervisor when I was talking to the 2nd CSR rep (underwriter I'm guessing?) and she said she will get me connected to a general customer service supervisor (She was very rude, by the way. Kept arguing with me. Saying SHE didn't do anything). He said it wouldn't be an issue, got all my info, told me he would email me when it's done (never actually emailed me though) and the next day I logged online and it was done.

It actually freaked me out for a second, because all of my CL was reduced on the other 3 Citi cards but the Simplicity stayed the same. I thought I lost the CL for a second. It stayed that away for a few hours even if I logged off and back on. But finally the Simplicity updated with the correct CL.

Yeah, I felt the same way, I don't understand how he doesn't 'qualify', and why they need an HP, they JUST PULLED ONE for the app! And I'm not requesting for any new CL, just moving the same. He originally said they'd like to see some usage/behavior/activity before moving it since it was just approved, and some CL was already moved, but I told him you can just as easily see my usage/behavior/activity on the other 3 cards, and also, it's the same risk! I could just as easily go and max out the other 3 cards. What's the difference?

The only thing I can think of, on why they are hesitant on moving it is because if I max out the other cards, those APR are higher (well, 2 of them are), but if I move all of the CL to this card, it's 0% for 18 months with the lowest APR. Maybe that's why?

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 12 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@vpae wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I thought I was about to have to go the EO route. But I just asked to speak with a supervisor when I was talking to the 2nd CSR rep (underwriter I'm guessing?) and she said she will get me connected to a general customer service supervisor (She was very rude, by the way. Kept arguing with me. Saying SHE didn't do anything). He said it wouldn't be an issue, got all my info, told me he would email me when it's done (never actually emailed me though) and the next day I logged online and it was done.

It actually freaked me out for a second, because all of my CL was reduced on the other 3 Citi cards but the Simplicity stayed the same. I thought I lost the CL for a second. It stayed that away for a few hours even if I logged off and back on. But finally the Simplicity updated with the correct CL.

Yeah, I felt the same way, I don't understand how he doesn't 'qualify', and why they need an HP, they JUST PULLED ONE for the app! And I'm not requesting for any new CL, just moving the same. He originally said they'd like to see some usage/behavior/activity before moving it since it was just approved, and some CL was already moved, but I told him you can just as easily see my usage/behavior/activity on the other 3 cards, and also, it's the same risk! I could just as easily go and max out the other 3 cards. What's the difference?

The only thing I can think of, on why they are hesitant on moving it is because if I max out the other cards, those APR are higher (well, 2 of them are), but if I move all of the CL to this card, it's 0% for 18 months with the lowest APR. Maybe that's why?

that's what I concluded which would have been true... I was going to put $25k on the citi on the 0% for 18 months... instead I only put $2100... big difference!

but they also SOURED my relationship completely.

Message 13 of 21
vpae
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

that's what I concluded which would have been true... I was going to put $25k on the citi on the 0% for 18 months... instead I only put $2100... big difference!

but they also SOURED my relationship completely.

Yeah, I was still so frustrated by this (even if they finally did what I asked) I still went and applied for 2 more cards that I didn't plan to just to release some stress.  lol

At least today I learned that the 18 months doesn't start until the date of the first balance transfer. I thought it started from the date the account was opened. So that's nice, I have a few months before I need to BT anyway.

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 14 of 21
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@iwazl71 wrote:

How in the world did you get the Hilton Reserve in the same login as your other Citi cards?  I was told that it would have to be a separate login from my other cards.

I linked my Reserve to my other citi accounts without any issues. You should have that option at the top of your page.

I was asking the  same question, I have to have 2 accounts, techically 3 accounts,  Citi Hhonors is on one account, the Simplicity is my second account couldn't link I tried,  and my Home Depot Store card is yet another account. 

I too moved 5k  limit from my Hilton card to my simplictity card to get it to 7k so it could be useful for BT's.  They acted like it would be a HP, but I never saw one. I pulled my EX last week no HP, and myfico and creditkarma monitors the other 2 reports, no new HP. 

edit: oops it was the Citi Hilton card, chase doesn't make one. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 15 of 21
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Congratulations -  I know it took some hoops and some acrobatics.  I am and have been in a similar situation-  I have been trying for months to have Simplicity CL moved to TYP.  EVERY time - except for in early July - I have been told it is not possible.  In early July a rep said call back at the end of the month.  Said he knew some policy changes would take place then.  Called back - no-go. 

A few months ago  rep told me he could not combine lines - but I suggested I put in a CLI for Simplicity -  Just for the heck of it - and because he said it would be a soft pull - I did it.  I got a $10,000 CLI - but it was also a HP.   I am very happy to say that it was eventually removed once I called in a couple of month later to complain about it.

I wonder how many people have had some success combining limits recently and if it is worth the time to call Citi AGAIN.  I guess I can just closed the Simplicity any darn way  - I do not need or use it  - TYP has better BT offers, actually.

Any other Citi CL combining success stories out there?

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you only link Citi-branded cards under the main login? Or can you also link other Citi-backed cards as well (e.g., Home Depot, Best Buy)?

Message 17 of 21
vpae
Established Contributor

To my knowledge it's only citi cards, not best buy or home depot or other store cards
Message 18 of 21
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I did it on my Citi cards..

You MUST tell them these words (as this is how I was told they understand it)

"I would like to do a credit movement"

But before you say that make sure you are talking to a supervisor

Good luck

Message 19 of 21
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I did it on my Citi cards..

You MUST tell them these words (as this is how I was told they understand it)

"I would like to do a credit movement"

But before you say that make sure you are talking to a supervisor

Good luck

Thanks - Andy - I will give that a try.

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.