Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the Capital One website?

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Issues with the Capital One website?

I have been having a ton of issues lately logging in or navigating around Cap1's website. Has anyone else had issues like the one below or is it just me?

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because servicing.capitalone.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because login.capitalone.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Issues with the Capital One website?

yes me too but finally got through, I did post earlier on this as well

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-growing-issues/m-p/2348861

Message 2 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Something must be broken with Chrome. I use Firefox and have been able to log in fine except for a couple hours yesterday morning.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 9
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

I have been having the same issues as well on and off with multiple browsers. 

TU-688 5/14 (WM TU) | EX-692 on 2/14 (FNBO EX) | EQ-666 on 01/13

NFCU GoRewards $25k | NavChek $15k | Chase Slate 7.5k
Barclays Rewards $3.4k | FNBO MC $2.3K | Cap1 Plat $1.9k
Cap1 Quicksilver $1.7k | Wmt Discover $4.5k | Amazon Store Card $3k Care Credit $3.5k | Kohls $300 | Victoria's Secret $500
Cap1 Quicksilver $2k | Barclays Apple Visa $600

Message 4 of 9
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Same here, I cant seem to get anything done in a reasonable amount of time. Took atleast 25 minutes to set up a payment. Doesn't seem to matter which browser, desktop,laptop,tablet, all going nuts

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Same here, I cant seem to get anything done in a reasonable amount of time. Took atleast 25 minutes to set up a payment. Doesn't seem to matter which browser, desktop,laptop,tablet, all going nuts

Probably a server cluster - is this limtied to the Capital One website or others as well?  I have no issues on my end, with any browser.

Message 6 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I'm not currently having any issue, but I've seen it a lot in the last 30 days or so...just be patient...it'll come back!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 9
SPreb
Regular Contributor

I have been having issues the past week with the logout. It never logs out and I get an error. Login is fine

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The real story is that COF is still cleaning up from a SAN corruption issue across its production and DR data centers that was apparently related to a bug in one of its vendor's equipment and took out mostly all of their server footprint across their enterprise.  I am not sure how something like that happens in today's day and age where everything is built to withstand any issue or outage but it did and it was not prety.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.