cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It keeps getting better.. Wells Fargo I love you!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: It keeps getting better.. Wells Fargo I love you!

Congrats!!! I've heard Wells Fargo doesn't consistently graduate like BofA does. Awesome news!

Message 21 of 24
Down_2Bizness
Regular Contributor

@bobkmn: what so you mean? Did it take longer than 45 days in your experience after you received the letter? Or was is sooner?

Starting Score: EQ FICO 566 09/30/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 688 3/10/14 TU FICO 680 3/10/14 (Barclaycard) EX FICO 691 1/12/14 (LP)
Goal Score: 700
My Wallet: Capital One $1500 / Wells Fargo $1600 / J Crew $2050 / Victoria's Secret $2300 / Barclay Apple Financing Visa $2500 / Discover It $1700 / Home Depot $1100 / Delta Skymiles AmEx $1000

Message 22 of 24
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Down_2Bizness wrote:
I opened a piece of mail today that has been sitting on the counter for a week.. With our recent new home purchase, I have been flooded with spam mail - offers for mortgage payment options, insurance, offers to sign up for security services- just stuff. So when I got the letter from WF and on the envelope it said "Important information enclosed. Please open immediately. ", I just thought it was another attempt to get me to read some type of offer. I gasped when I saw that my secured credit card with WF is being unsecured! This is the news I have been waiting for!! I actually called them less than a month ago and asked if it could be done, but I was told I was not eligible at that time. Well whatever.. I'm glad to be eligible now. And with a 15.65% APR. It will be nice to get my deposit back; just this morning I was thinking of how I will use the deposit when It is returned, whether it was due to my card being unsecured or me closing the account. How ironic.
I am finally rebounding... One step at a time Smiley Happy just wanted to share.. Thanks myfico.com!

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 23 of 24
bobkmn
Regular Contributor

@Down_2Bizness wrote:
@bobkmn: what so you mean? Did it take longer than 45 days in your experience after you received the letter? Or was is sooner?

Well, what I took the post to mean was that 45 days after they got their secured WF card, they qualified for an unsecured one. Do not believe that is the case. When I opened my secured WF card I was told that usually in about a year if I used the card responsibly and made all required payments on time, that I might qualify for an unsecured card. So after about 9 mos they increased my CL to $200 above my initial deposit and then about 3 months later they contacted me and told me that I was now qualified for an unsecured card and that it was being mailed to me. If the post actually meant that 45 days after they got the letter saying that they were being upgraded to an unsecured card, they received the card, that might be so, but I don't think it took that long. Sorry if I misread the poster's intent.  :-)

Current scores: Experian-693 Equifax-720 TransUnion-727
Gardening since 4/7/2014 - Mouse over card for limit.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.