Did you mean: 

It pained me, but I declined Cap1 CLI:(

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: It pained me, but I declined Cap1 CLI:(

@pizza1 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I located this thread while searching to see what happens if I decline a CLI from Cap1. I was going to wait until I knew that they would see my recent 40 point increase (TU) in a few months (they don't view the most recent scores). But I got impatient so I logged in and hit the Luv Button. I was hoping... really, really hoping to see my Quicksilver go from $8K to $10K. Would have been totally happy with that. The message said that I'd receive $1k so that would bring the card to the same level as my Venture. Not bad but... not what I wanted.  This is the first time that I've ever declided a CLI. It was strange but it kind of felt good. 

I'm going to guess that offer still stands if I want it?  I read that the EO number has been shut down so I can't call them. I could shoot over an e-mail. Maybe I should take the suggestion that I was given before and just wait for those points. They tend to be about 2 months behind so that would be in October. It kind of throws my CLI schedule off a little. 

pizza1 - any update on your situation?

Hey Mass...

UPDATE:.....I checked about 2 weeks ago, and was offered $1k this time. I DECLINED IT AGAIN... 

I declined it because I didnt want anything hampering my possibility to combine my cards next month ( all will 6 months then, and right now 3 of them are available online to combine).  I know there were peeps who had CLI days and weeks before combining limits, but I didnt want anything to possibly stop me from being able too. Once Im able to combine, I wont need a CLI on any of the cards, LOL...Smiley Wink

smart move imo pizza as I think the system is still buggy, no need to risk it for 1k cli Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 56
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I located this thread while searching to see what happens if I decline a CLI from Cap1. I was going to wait until I knew that they would see my recent 40 point increase (TU) in a few months (they don't view the most recent scores). But I got impatient so I logged in and hit the Luv Button. I was hoping... really, really hoping to see my Quicksilver go from $8K to $10K. Would have been totally happy with that. The message said that I'd receive $1k so that would bring the card to the same level as my Venture. Not bad but... not what I wanted.  This is the first time that I've ever declided a CLI. It was strange but it kind of felt good. 

I'm going to guess that offer still stands if I want it?  I read that the EO number has been shut down so I can't call them. I could shoot over an e-mail. Maybe I should take the suggestion that I was given before and just wait for those points. They tend to be about 2 months behind so that would be in October. It kind of throws my CLI schedule off a little. 

Hey Mass...

UPDATE:.....I checked about 2 weeks ago, and was offered $1k this time. I DECLINED IT AGAIN... 

I declined it because I didnt want anything hampering my possibility to combine my cards next month ( all will 6 months then, and right now 3 of them are available online to combine).  I know there were peeps who had CLI days and weeks before combining limits, but I didnt want anything to possibly stop me from being able too. Once Im able to combine, I wont need a CLI on any of the cards, LOL...Smiley Wink

smart move imo pizza as I think the system is still buggy, no need to risk it for 1k cli Smiley Happy

Thank you CC!!  Thats what I thought!!  Its not like Im hurting for Credit in any way, and need it for utilization, LOL!! But, I sure wasnt gonna risk it.  I definitely sat that one out for a better combining next month.  Crossing my fingers!! All my cards will be eligible on 9/21...3 of them are showing now, and the two that arent wont be 6 months old until 9/21. Wont need the CLI ever after thenSmiley Wink

Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree, I don't believe recent CLIs will have any influence on combining CLs, being satisfied with the combined CLs is another matter. Time and experience will tell.

I plan to request CLIs right before combining

Message 53 of 56
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I just found a very long thread about combining Cap 1 limits. It's about 120 pages long so can I get a little info about that?  Mainly do I have to have the cards a certain amount of time before I combine them and do they do a HP for that? I read that part as I was skimming through the beginning of the thread. And it sounds like it can't be done if there was a recent CLI? 

All of this has kind of got me thinking. Combine my two limits onto my QS card. That would give me a $17K limit. Then apply for another Venture One. People seems to be starting off with healthy limits with that one and I'd have two cards with limits over $10K so that might set the bar higher for any new cards that are recieve. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Hey Mass...

But UTIL!!!1 Smiley Wink Smiley LOL

Message 55 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

You did the right thing... I got a new QS Visa four months ago with a SL of $5K, I recently gave the CLI button a hit, and it came back with a $2K increase to $7K.  I had already determined I was going to turn down anything less than $1000. 

Since you turned it down, you can try again in just a few weeks (technically you can try again right away, but there would be little point in doing so.)  I've read before where folks did just what you did, and the second time around the offer was indeed better. Smiley Wink

This is so true. I turned down $100 and got a $2000 increase approx 2 months later!

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.