Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's CC "THROWBACK THURSDAY"!!!

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: It's CC "THROWBACK THURSDAY"!!!

What about, Chemical Bank (chase) , Chase Mannahattan, Hanover Bank, First USA, Washington Mutual, NationsBank, Bank One, Texas Commerce Bank, ahhhh the glory days!

Message 31 of 35
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I had that Capital One card.  If I remember correctly, that was my very first credit card... 1998-ish.  $200 CL when I opened it.  Used it and abused it (and many others) all the way to BK!  Of course, they were the first ones to start teasing me with offers after the BK was discharged!

Message 32 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@joedtx wrote:

What about, Chemical Bank (chase) , Chase Mannahattan, Hanover Bank, First USA, Washington Mutual, NationsBank, Bank One, Texas Commerce Bank, ahhhh the glory days!

Yes indeed.  I had CCs with all of the above including FCNBD (merged with BankOne).  I also had CCs with First Union, Wachovia, Mellon Bank, Bank of NY, Travelers Bank & Trust/Quicken, Advanta... And, defunct retail CCs like Marshall Field's, Kaufmann's, Lazarus, Jacobson's, Henri Bendel, Structure.

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember my dad had one of the original VISAs without the co-branding.  Looked something like this:

Probably had a $500 limit and was considered a "big baller"

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember my dad had one of the original VISAs without the co-branding.  Looked something like this:

Probably had a $500 limit and was considered a "big baller"

I have tried to get my QS WMC an image card with the old MasterCharge logo and it is always a no-go. Smiley Indifferent

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.