Did you mean: 

It's CC "THROWBACK THURSDAY"!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: It's CC "THROWBACK THURSDAY"!!!

@wacdenney wrote:

dang them cards are fugly!

The Chase was pretty hot then and Providian was so prominent back then and Classic, Gold, Platinum actually depicted the CL you had on the cards so those were hot to have because they were a true status symbol... flash forward and the CEO would be on American Greed and the company would be bankrupt but still Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 35
ddemari
Super Contributor

i love this thread! I was going to post something today asking if anyone had old cc's they could post! I wish I would have kept my cards from circa 2003. 

I had the blue from american express card that just pimped the fact it had an emv and you could revolve on it with no annual fee as my first CC at 18.

I also had a discover platinum card that I believe had no rewards and was blue with like water bubbles on it and also had a discover card key chain card. 

I remember having a Providian Visa Platinum with Mount Rushmore on it. 

I had two amex charge cards, Platinum and Gold. Citi MasterCard Shell, Chase Slate, Chase United Visa, a Citibank MasterCard card that was black and had like a gold sunset on it. 

What I find funny is a co-worker of mine has a Chase United Visa and it's so retro. It has the old visa logo on it in front with the lines above and below the visa. It looks like a card from the 90's. I was shocked when she used it to pay for lunch the other day, I wanted to ask her man they have never sent u an updated card? lol 

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately, i don't have any old credit card. whenever it's expired credit card or ones I closed, I always cut'em up to tiny pieces or into the shredder it went

Message 13 of 35
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I think I used to have that Cap One card!   Yikes, what an eyesore.   

My old cards are at the bottom of a landfill, I think.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes. These old credit cards are uggles.

Kind of makes you wonder what people are going to say 20 years from now when they see what our cards looked like...

Message 15 of 35
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I had a providian card.  Goodness now I feel old that was my first car card in 99.  I was so proud of the gold 

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the first one, except my Cap One card was black with a "tribal" pattern on it -- it looked like those tribal band tattoos that everyone and their dog got in the late 90s, early 2000s.  Heh.

Message 17 of 35
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I had two of those...the cap one and the providian....didn't know that Harry and David offered a card....please don't tell my sister....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 18 of 35
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

I had two of those...the cap one and the providian....didn't know that Harry and David offered a card....please don't tell my sister....

yep...Harry and David indeed had a CC..my limit was $3k!! They closed the store where I live, and they eventually closed my card for nonuse...I mean how many pears and fruit basket does one need every month?lolSmiley Happy

Message 19 of 35
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Wow , you have the actual cards Smiley Happy  Mine are in a landfill somewhere...However in the spirit of TBT "credit card" style, I have that Gold Providian and thought I was alll that.....My other old school cards that no longer exist :  Lerner's, Bullocks and Robinson's May are the only other one's I recall having....

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.