Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's CC "THROWBACK THURSDAY"!!!

tag
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: It's CC "THROWBACK THURSDAY"!!!

Oops  *had* that Providian......

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 21 of 35
joedtx
Valued Contributor

The biggest shock I had in this thread is not the retro cards, but rather finding out that Pizza is a nurse Smiley Surprised

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never had providian but my brother did. I kind of miss that card design. I think APR was 23.99% or something on it. My favorite one is Chase! I had the same exact design and they were included in BK! I should have kept them like you but too late now.

Message 23 of 35
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.55.25 AM.png 

Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could see Gene Simmons on a cc card!!

Message 25 of 35
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

I had two of those...the cap one and the providian....didn't know that Harry and David offered a card....please don't tell my sister....

yep...Harry and David indeed had a CC..my limit was $3k!! They closed the store where I live, and they eventually closed my card for nonuse...I mean how many pears and fruit basket does one need every month?lolSmiley Happy

My sister used to live in south Oregon, and had to drive by one of Harry and David's packaging plants on the way to/from work.   They had a small store front where they would sell full price and "less than perfect" items....she'd come home twice a week with fruit baskets on the cheap.  lol....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 26 of 35
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Just like in Facebook we have "TBT", in the spirit of TBT I thought I'd post a pic of my CC"s "back in the day", LOL!!!

Yes I keep them around, just in case something weird happens on my reports or something.

Anyway...I still rub my Chase card sometimes for "good luck", hoping they let me back someday after burning them, ha!!

Chadwicks was closed in 1999 for none use in good standing, $2500 cl. Still shows on EX! Lol!! You'll see I still have my old "Providian Financial", and "Direct Merchants Bank"... All the cards are closed obviously. 

image.jpg

Had that Providian back in the day, when silver vs. Gold were the delineation factors.  Platinum was the highest level.  Now you start with platinum. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are some sick cards.

Message 28 of 35
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

My little sister had the CapOne card just after graduating HS in the late 1990's

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 29 of 35
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

Providian! Totally forgot about that one....probably just as well, along with Orchard Bank and Capitol One.

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.