Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Cap one...I can't really be surprised

tag
Helpmeraiseit
Valued Member

It's Cap one...I can't really be surprised

So when I requested to close my cap one accounts after being approved for prime cards.  I was transferred to an Account manager.She asked why I wanted to close the accounts and I told her that my credit has improved dramatically and I no longer need cards with annual fees and low credit lines. She said but you have a rewards card with 1% cash back and an excellent credit limit of 300 dollars Smiley Surprisedand another with 500cl......She asked if any other of my credit cards could compare. I said yes I have chase freedom and Discover more which offers 5% on gas and entertainment purchases...Plus there's no annual fee.She gets quiet so Im thinking that she will offer me something to stay...Nope she says "Wow you have great cards let me go ahead and close these accounts for ya".....R u kidding me?lol

Hey it's Cap One....

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: It's Cap one...I can't really be surprised

LOL!  I needed a good laugh. LOL

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 23
Datx
Valued Contributor

Thats hilarious. Good read!

Message 3 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Helpmeraiseit wrote:

So when I requested to close my cap one accounts after being approved for prime cards.  I was transferred to an Account manager.She asked why I wanted to close the accounts and I told her that my credit has improved dramatically and I no longer need cards with annual fees and low credit lines. She said but you have a rewards card with 1% cash back and an excellent credit limit of 300 dollars Smiley Surprisedand another with 500cl......She asked if any other of my credit cards could compare. I said yes I have chase freedom and Discover more which offers 5% on gas and entertainment purchases...Plus there's no annual fee.She gets quiet so Im thinking that she will offer me something to stay...Nope she says "Wow you have great cards let me go ahead and close these accounts for ya".....R u kidding me?lol

Hey it's Cap One....

Too funny! Did she really say, "excellent credit limit"?! OMG. Smiley Very Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 23
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Bahahahaha that's hysterical. Good old Crapital One.....

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 5 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

She musbe out out of touch wit hthe real world. To ask some if any of theri cards compare to the $300 CL is basically asking for a smarty pants answer.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

That's all folks!

Message 7 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Too funny. And good riddance to them.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

She musbe out out of touch wit hthe real world. To ask some if any of theri cards compare to the $300 CL is basically asking for a smarty pants answer.

She's probably been working at Cap1 for so long that a $300 CL seems great.

This is hilarious though.  Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOLOLOL.

I don't think there is anything in the call center script for that scenario.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.