Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Here!!! The Chase Starbucks Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's Here!!! The Chase Starbucks Card

The card is now officially released!  But don't get excited.  It's complete crap.

Starbucks Card.png

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Info Released on Chase Starbucks Card

Still a very weird card IMO and very niche.  Why not just use a 4% card such as Uber or 3% Marvel even 2% many flavors of this card?   They should all code as Food correct?  Just see it as a very pointless card unless I am missing something?  Granted I must admit I don't drink coffee or the likes, but ya pointless card IMO.

Message 2 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Still a very weird card IMO and very niche.  Why not just use a 4% card such as Uber or 3% Marvel even 2% many flavors of this card?   They should all code as Food correct?  Just see it as a very pointless card unless I am missing something?  Granted I must admit I don't drink coffee or the likes, but ya pointless card IMO.

Did you catch where they said "cards"...  I'm wondering now if they're planning on issuing multiple?

Message 3 of 106
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Very interesting. I love Starbucks and spend a ton of money there.

But this will only be appealing if they can do better then 4% rewards. Between the Uber card , USB Altitude Reserve, and CSR. A lot of ways to get 4% to 4.5% returns already.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 106
minski
Established Contributor

wrote:

"Starbucks is partnering with Chase and Visa to launch credit cards in February and a stored-value card in April"

"Starbucks has a very robust rewards program for the coffee obsessed and this partnership with Chase and Visa is an extension of that. While details haven't fully been disclosed, customers should look for perks such as free drinks on birthdays, the ability to order ahead while using the card, and discounts on favorite drinks,” Herzog told The Daily Meal.

“In addition, card holders should look for points that rival or are better than the Chase Sapphire Premium Card, which gives users triple points for every $1 spent on dining purchases," she added.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/drink/starbucks-visa-chase-reward-credit-cards/012918

I've highlighted some interesting points from the referenced article.  So we can expect the card to be released in February and it's supposed to rival the Chase Sapphire Reserve?  The article says "Premium Card" and then references 3x points on dining which would seem to indicate the CSR.

The other interesting aspect is that the card is supposed to give the same benefits you already get.  Are they planning to change the rewards program so that only card holders can order ahead?  Interesting to see how this plays out.

They may just intend to offer more points than CSR is offering, not necessarily planning on being a direct rival to CSR. 

Message 5 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also wonder if this card will be subject to 5/24.

Message 6 of 106
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I get 5X MR points for my Starbucks purchases because using MileagePlus X, I use the Amex Platinum to refill my Starbucks card (it apparently codes as a United purchase Smiley Very Happy ). These new cards are gonna have to offer better than that to be considered pesonally

Message 7 of 106
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If you don't mind purchasing in advance, can't you get 5% back on Amazon Prime store card as well as Chase Amazon Visa when purchasing Starbucks gift card?

Message 8 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Let's see here... Synchrony, Barclays, or Chase. 

I'll take Chase. 

And anyone who actually points out "premium" like this'll be an Ultimate Rewards card is a fool. The Amazon card also earns rewards points, but through their own system, which will be the case with this card. Don't hold your breath on an UR Starbucks card, or any UR co-brand card from Chase for that matter. 

Message 9 of 106
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

I get 5X MR points for my Starbucks purchases because using MileagePlus X, I use the Amex Platinum to refill my Starbucks card (it apparently codes as a United purchase Smiley Very Happy ). These new cards are gonna have to offer better than that to be considered pesonally

Does it trigger an airline credit, or is MPX still patched?

Message 10 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.