cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Official...I Closed my 9 Y.O. Cap 1 Card Today.

tag
DI
Super Contributor

It's Official...I Closed my 9 Y.O. Cap 1 Card Today.

It took 10 minutes for them to close my account.  I had just called a few days ago and they transferred me to a supervisor.  Today, I was transferred to a supervisor and he stated the exact sames reasons why I should keep it opened as the previous supervisor. I almost told him that, but  that would have been disrespectful.   I guess they read from a script.      I made sure he confirmed that the accont would say 'close by consumer' to the CRAs. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
keith021
Regular Contributor

Re: It's Official...I Closed my 9 Y.O. Cap 1 Card Today.

@DI wrote:

It took 10 minutes for them to close my account.  I had just called a few days ago and they transferred me to a supervisor.  Today, I was transferred to a supervisor and he stated the exact sames reasons why I should keep it opened as the previous supervisor. I almost told him that, but  that would have been disrespectful.   I guess they read from a script.      I made sure he confirmed that the accont would say 'close by consumer' to the CRAs. 

Why did you decide to close it?

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@keith021 wrote:

@DI wrote:

I  no longer needed the card.  Plus, I had a total of 11 cards which is now reduced to 9 prime cards.  I got rid of a GM's HSBC  card too. 

Message 3 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

I just logged into the Cap 1 website to delete my banking info and etc. It saying account is close.  What a great day!!

Message 4 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@keith021 wrote:

@DI wrote:

I  no longer needed the card.  Plus, I had a total of 11 cards which is now reduced to 9 prime cards.  I got rid of a GM's HSBC  card too. 

Do you still have a no FT fee card for travel?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@DI wrote:

@keith021 wrote:

@DI wrote:

That was my least concern. 

Message 6 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Yes,

Message 7 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@DI wrote:

@keith021 wrote:

@DI wrote:

That was my least concern. 

It's one of my last excuses for keeping the card open, also circa 9 yrs at 750.00, currently back up for my barclays no FT product.

Am actually green with envy that you got yours closed, lol  Thanks for setting an example for me to hopefully follow, it's like pulling teeth to get me to close no AF acct. with additional benefits, even if it is a low limit cap 1.  

I was able to add 'rewards' a few months ago too, more excuses, lol.

Message 8 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

It's one of my last excuses for keeping the card open, also circa 9 yrs at 750.00, currently back up for my barclays no FT product.

Which barclays product has no FT fee?.

Message 9 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Which barclays product has no FT fee?.

it's this one:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Whats-a-good-Mastercard-to-have/m-p/838986/highlight/tr...

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.