Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Re: It's a marathon, not a sprint

It takes time to build the "perfect for you" portfolio. But the time invested can pay off very well.

OP - well put for sure!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Super Contributor
CS800

Very well said.

Frequent Contributor
aamex

Just thought I'd bump this to encourage everyone with the "app itch" to stay strong....

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Schmooey88

Amen!!

Frequent Contributor
TeeandDee

aamex wrote:

Just thought I'd bump this to encourage everyone with the "app itch" to stay strong....

Thank you for this!!:smileyhappy:

Slowly building....
New Contributor
Sladyesq

I needed this reminder. 

Starting Score: 644 EQ 548 EX 567 TU
Current Score: 644 EQ 665 EX (12/25/12 lender pull) 635 (Walmart 1/3/13) TU
Goal Score: 760

Goal: no apps until August 2014! Last app: 8/2/2013
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel

RockinRay wrote:

It takes time to build the "perfect for you" portfolio. But the time invested can pay off very well.

OP - well put for sure!

I want to bump this thought, as I just finished rearranging my wallet to accomodate my brand new cards. I'm so happy with my current portfolio, and "perfect for me" sums it up! It's taken time and patience for me to reach the point where I was able to get these cards, but it was well worth the wait. :smileyhappy:

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

tinuviel wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

OP - well put for sure!

I want to bump this thought, as I just finished rearranging my wallet to accomodate my brand new cards. I'm so happy with my current portfolio, and "perfect for me" sums it up! It's taken time and patience for me to reach the point where I was able to get these cards, but it was well worth the wait. :smileyhappy:

It is only the beginning. 

It is more than a marathon, it is a tour.

Frequent Contributor
aamex

tinuviel wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

OP - well put for sure!

Yes! then you feel like have the "perfect" number of cards, "perfect" type of cards, with the right lenders, the "perfect" rewards...everything just seems in order.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Its a tour without PED's. :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}