cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's accts like these, that help me:)

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: It's accts like these, that help me:)

When those accounts age off its gonna hurt bad! I had 3 positive accounts/closed/never late from 1990, they aged off last November, my EX score dropped 33+ points.... I'm STILL trying to get those points back.
Message 11 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

lol, I see you still haven't mastered the "print screen" button.

LOL...some things never change huh? HA!!  I have a MAC, and barely know how to use it!  Smiley Happy lol

Message 12 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is a pizza avatar within the food category...

I know!! I use to go back and forth between the heart, and slice of pizzaSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Some of you wonder how I get the credit I do and limits?? Well, I have several Accts just like this one on my reports. These acts even though closed, are a God send for me, and are helping my overall profile despite having 18 negs that fall off till 2019.

I'm gonna DIE when these good accts fall off my reports!! LOL!! 😉.      If I only knew then what know now!!! 

image.jpg

I have LOTS of accounts like this... it's how I manage to maintain a 4.4 year AAoA on Experian!!

I know right??!!! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@elim wrote:

LOL...some things never change huh? HA!!  I have a MAC, and barely know how to use it!  Smiley Happy lol

If you are using windows click the windows button either on keyboard or bottom left of screen... Type Snip and it will bring up the snipping tool and use that..  Will make your life a heck of alot easierSmiley Happy

Message 15 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@toi34 wrote:
When those accounts age off its gonna hurt bad! I had 3 positive accounts/closed/never late from 1990, they aged off last November, my EX score dropped 33+ points.... I'm STILL trying to get those points back.

I dont think Ill drop too much actually..   Ill still have my BK showing in PR, and thats like the worse thing possible, so my score will already be lower anyways by the time these accts fall off.  I hoping not too much of a dip Smiley Sad 

Message 16 of 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@elim wrote:

If you are using windows click the windows button either on keyboard or bottom left of screen... Type Snip and it will bring up the snipping tool and use that..  Will make your life a heck of alot easierSmiley Happy

CC...youre talking Spanish to me!!  I dont understand what youre telling me at all!!   Im completely computer challenged! LOL Smiley Wink I need private lessons, and a good steak! Smiley Wink  

Message 17 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I know the feeling... I have a mortgage account that will stop reporting in 18 months, and then my only remaining installment loans (two PIF student loans) will age off in less than a year after that.  Smiley Sad  I've just not had the need to get an installment loan since then, but 'lack of installment accounts' always shows as a negative when I check my FICO scores.

When folks here ask about the impact of closing a card/account, they are routinely told that it will stick around for FICO purposes for 10 years, which is true.  What we should also mention is that 10 years will come and go before you know it!  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I know the feeling... I have a mortgage account that will stop reporting in 18 months, and then my only remaining installment loans (two PIF student loans) will age off in less than a year after that.  Smiley Sad  I've just not had the need to get an installment loan since then, but 'lack of installment accounts' always shows as a negative when I check my FICO scores.

When folks here ask about the impact of closing a card/account, they are routinely told that it will stick around for FICO purposes for 10 years, which is true.  What we should also mention is that 10 years will come and go before you know it!  Smiley Wink

Boy, that's the truth! After reading pizza's post I checked all my reports. The next couple of years I will have valued accounts falling off. It just makes me happy that I have all these new accounts this year that will age before that happens. I knew this was inevitable because you cannot have credit cards without permission with a Chapter 13. Once the bankruptcy fell off my reports in May I began adding accounts keeping in mind that my old accounts life span was limited. 

Message 19 of 20
happypill
Valued Contributor

I'm lucky to benefit from a Cap One account that is around 15 years now, started at $500 and was dormant for about 8 years (account was open but they didn't issue a card) before re-opening a couple of years ago.

Good thing is, by the time that account ages off Pizza, your other accounts will have sufficient age to carry your score.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.