Reply
Frequent Contributor
w20031424
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎10-17-2012
0

It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.

Paypal Mastercard, in addition to the unmmatched-worst-quality-ever CS (thirty minutes waiting), you can not see your recent CC activity. You HAVE TO WAIT the statement of that month. I find this very annoying sometimes, for example, when I want to find out if a returned-product-credit has been applied to my account by the merchant.

 

US Bank Cashreward CC, takes me two days for account information like balances and available credit to update.  So often enough, you see the available credit is ,say, $2K, while it's actually $50 because the account hasn't been updated yet.

 

I don't know what they don't invest some time and revamp their system, it shouldn't be difficult at all.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.


w20031424 wrote:

Paypal Mastercard, in addition to the unmmatched-worst-quality-ever CS (thirty minutes waiting), you can not see your recent CC activity. You HAVE TO WAIT the statement of that month. I find this very annoying sometimes, for example, when I want to find out if a returned-product-credit has been applied to my account by the merchant.

 

US Bank Cashreward CC, takes me two days for account information like balances and available credit to update.  So often enough, you see the available credit is ,say, $2K, while it's actually $50 because the account hasn't been updated yet.

 

I don't know what they don't invest some time and revamp their system, it shouldn't be difficult at all.


Thats weird with Paypal MC thats a GE card and on every account I have with them I can see recent charges pending. :smileyindifferent:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
w20031424
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎10-17-2012
0

Re: It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.


LS2982 wrote:

w20031424 wrote:

Paypal Mastercard, in addition to the unmmatched-worst-quality-ever CS (thirty minutes waiting), you can not see your recent CC activity. You HAVE TO WAIT the statement of that month. I find this very annoying sometimes, for example, when I want to find out if a returned-product-credit has been applied to my account by the merchant.

 

US Bank Cashreward CC, takes me two days for account information like balances and available credit to update.  So often enough, you see the available credit is ,say, $2K, while it's actually $50 because the account hasn't been updated yet.

 

I don't know what they don't invest some time and revamp their system, it shouldn't be difficult at all.


Thats weird with Paypal MC thats a GE card and on every account I have with them I can see recent charges pending. :smileyindifferent:


I don't know why either.  Their Walmart Discover card is pretty good at showing all the transactions in a clear way.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Super Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 6,051
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.

For US Bank, the mobile site m.usbank.com does show pending charges/payments.  It's still a mystery to me why this site does and the main site doesn't!

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.


longtimelurker wrote:

For US Bank, the mobile site m.usbank.com does show pending charges/payments.  It's still a mystery to me why this site does and the main site doesn't!


o thanks never knew i could see pending charges that way.

And yea I agree it's really irritating I can't see pending charges. it takes longer for pending charges to get posted too as compared to other lenders. Makes me hesitant about putting charges on my Cash+ 4-6 days before the end of each month.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61
Posts: 1,455
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.


w20031424 wrote:

Paypal Mastercard, in addition to the unmmatched-worst-quality-ever CS (thirty minutes waiting), you can not see your recent CC activity. You HAVE TO WAIT the statement of that month. I find this very annoying sometimes, for example, when I want to find out if a returned-product-credit has been applied to my account by the merchant.

 

US Bank Cashreward CC, takes me two days for account information like balances and available credit to update.  So often enough, you see the available credit is ,say, $2K, while it's actually $50 because the account hasn't been updated yet.

 

I don't know what they don't invest some time and revamp their system, it shouldn't be difficult at all.


That is weird...sort of like subprime antics...:smileyfrustrated:

 photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps191e9096.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+