cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.

Paypal Mastercard, in addition to the unmmatched-worst-quality-ever CS (thirty minutes waiting), you can not see your recent CC activity. You HAVE TO WAIT the statement of that month. I find this very annoying sometimes, for example, when I want to find out if a returned-product-credit has been applied to my account by the merchant.

US Bank Cashreward CC, takes me two days for account information like balances and available credit to update.  So often enough, you see the available credit is ,say, $2K, while it's actually $50 because the account hasn't been updated yet.

I don't know what they don't invest some time and revamp their system, it shouldn't be difficult at all.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: It's annoying that some CC doesn't allow you to check recent activity.

@w20031424 wrote:

Paypal Mastercard, in addition to the unmmatched-worst-quality-ever CS (thirty minutes waiting), you can not see your recent CC activity. You HAVE TO WAIT the statement of that month. I find this very annoying sometimes, for example, when I want to find out if a returned-product-credit has been applied to my account by the merchant.

US Bank Cashreward CC, takes me two days for account information like balances and available credit to update.  So often enough, you see the available credit is ,say, $2K, while it's actually $50 because the account hasn't been updated yet.

I don't know what they don't invest some time and revamp their system, it shouldn't be difficult at all.

Thats weird with Paypal MC thats a GE card and on every account I have with them I can see recent charges pending. Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

Thats weird with Paypal MC thats a GE card and on every account I have with them I can see recent charges pending. Smiley Indifferent

I don't know why either.  Their Walmart Discover card is pretty good at showing all the transactions in a clear way.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

For US Bank, the mobile site m.usbank.com does show pending charges/payments.  It's still a mystery to me why this site does and the main site doesn't!

Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

For US Bank, the mobile site m.usbank.com does show pending charges/payments.  It's still a mystery to me why this site does and the main site doesn't!

o thanks never knew i could see pending charges that way.

And yea I agree it's really irritating I can't see pending charges. it takes longer for pending charges to get posted too as compared to other lenders. Makes me hesitant about putting charges on my Cash+ 4-6 days before the end of each month.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

That is weird...sort of like subprime antics...Smiley Frustrated

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.