Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been a good week for CLIs!

tag
ferrari
Regular Contributor

It's been a good week for CLIs!

I clicked the LUV button on my BOA Visa last night which I only had since Sep 2010. Asked to call an 800 number but it was already past 10PM. I was expecting a call from BOA this AM but instead they just gave me the CL I requested $2500 > $5000 (Wish I requested more Smiley Tongue)

Same with AMEX Gold Delta which I only had since Oct 2010, CLI $2000 > $6000

I also got my first Chase Card $4000

My highest limit prior to this week was my Amazon GEMB at $3625, I am finally past the $5000 mark but I am afraid that almost doubling my total CL in one week will have negative repercussions. I hope not!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Re: It's been a good week for CLIs!

Stop it, you're making me excited! Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ferrari wrote:

I am afraid that almost doubling my total CL in one week will have negative repercussions. I hope not!

There is no down side that I am aware of in increasing the CL's as you have done.

Not sure why folks sometimes get this idea, I think it is something they see posted on various non-FICO sites and they hold onto it - perhaps forgetting where they originally saw it.

At any rate, no fears on increasing CL's.  And congratulations!  Very nicely done!

Message 3 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

of Re: It's been a good week for CLIs!

The most obvious downside is the possibility of AA from lenders who may determine a cardholder has already met or exceeded eligibility for unsecured credit. 

In current climate, this has not been a particularly prevalent issue in response to increased available credit, where the card holder has a relatively solid overall profile.

Congrats on the increases!  Looks like you slid through a hard free increase 3xs current CL with Amex (famously reported as the max they typically approve off the cuff) Nice! Smiley Happy

Been too chicken to go there myself, must work on AAoA.  Nonetheless, doubled my CL on Amex Clear card today, it seems they've returned to a v. generous mode.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: of Re: It's been a good week for CLIs!

@score_building wrote:

The most obvious downside is the possibility of AA from lenders who may determine a cardholder has already met or exceeded eligibility for unsecured credit. .

+1 - but that doesn't seem too likely at the levels OP is sitting at.  If anyone has seen this type of AA at this level of credit availability, perhaps they could post it - that would be supremely useful.

Message 5 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: of Re: It's been a good week for CLIs!

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

The most obvious downside is the possibility of AA from lenders who may determine a cardholder has already met or exceeded eligibility for unsecured credit. .

+1 - but that doesn't seem too likely at the levels OP is sitting at.  If anyone has seen this type of AA at this level of credit availability, perhaps they could post it - that would be supremely useful.

Agreed.

Message 6 of 9
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

I was approved a CLI for my Blue Cash from $5,500 to $10,000.  

Feeling lucky I tried getting Penfed to approve the Platinum from $5,000 to $10,000.  Turned down Smiley Sad.

Message 7 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@shiftomnimega wrote:

I was approved a CLI for my Blue Cash from $5,500 to $10,000.  

Feeling lucky I tried getting Penfed to approve the Platinum from $5,000 to $10,000.  Turned down Smiley Sad.

OP- you'll be safe

@ OP and shift-High Five Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats with your cli's and approvals.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.