cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's finally time. Chase Freedom maybe??!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's finally time. Chase Freedom maybe??!!

Their aplication states that I should be free of BK before filling it out. I can't say that. What I can say is I am blimish free in any way in 7.5 years since the BK. My credit reports read no other defects BUT the "public record" of 2002. I have 2 major cards and 3 store cards. Zero balance on any. No inquiries in 18 months. Paid off one car and always pay a month in advance the third year into my second car after BK. Live in same place 5 years. Same job 8 years at 50k. No debt but rent and $263 car payment.

Can I? Can I hah? I want my first real card. If not this one, which one? It's time.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: It's finally time. Chase Freedom maybe??!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Their aplication states that I should be free of BK before filling it out. I can't say that. What I can say is I am blimish free in any way in 7.5 years since the BK. My credit reports read no other defects BUT the "public record" of 2002. I have 2 major cards and 3 store cards. Zero balance on any. No inquiries in 18 months. Paid off one car and always pay a month in advance the third year into my second car after BK. Live in same place 5 years. Same job 8 years at 50k. No debt but rent and $263 car payment.

Can I? Can I hah? I want my first real card. If not this one, which one? It's time.

Your own words give you the answer you are looking for.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What would be a really nice alternate option here folks? Somebody will get me close to prime with my current record. Even with the deadline rate jacks Juniper only jacked me to 12.9%. What say ye folks?

Message 4 of 19
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

I say find a credit union. They're much more likely to lend in circumstances where some traditional lenders may not be. I just refinanced a 22.58% car loan with a local credit union at 6.75%. They offered to refinance our other car at a similar rate, and said that within 6 months to a year we can come get a credit card, and he predicted a limit of $2500-5000. Our highest limit right now is $600. We're right at 2 years out of our BK. Credit unions are the way to go.
Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 5 of 19
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

what cards do you have now?
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target 200

Best Buy 750

Ritz Camera 4500

Hooters 2100

Juniper 2500

Last ap was July 2008 - Juniper

Message 7 of 19
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

PenFed

Navy FCU

360 FCU

Crap1

HSBC

Alliant

All of them have approved me for unsecured credit with a BK listed.  USBank and USAA weren't so nice to me. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Cap 1 and HSBC are out. I'll look into alliant. I'm also looking at the local credit union. They look pretty promising too. Nevada Federal Credit Union.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jausanka wrote:

PenFed

Navy FCU

360 FCU

Crap1

HSBC

Alliant

All of them have approved me for unsecured credit with a BK listed.  USBank and USAA weren't so nice to me. 

Thanks Jausanka - that's a great list.

Can you tell us how long post filing or post discharge you were when you were approved?  And was it BK13 or 7?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.