Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itchin' to app for IHG ($50+$60k) & Hyatt (2 free nts) Chase Co

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Itchin' to app for IHG ($50+$60k) & Hyatt (2 free nts) Chase Co

IHG card just screams to me "HOJO's". Remember those old "Howard Johnson" hotels ??? Remember how ugly they were painted in those horrible colors, think it was bright sky blue and orange ??? This card should just have "HOJO" right across its face.   Old HOJO's

😂😁😂😁😂😁😂😁😂

Message 71 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

The guy told me they were very conservative lender since the financial crash years ago. - Really? Capital One is a conservative lender? O.o

Message 72 of 79
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The guy told me they were very conservative lender since the financial crash years ago. - Really? Capital One is a conservative lender? O.o

A year ago I would of agreed..Today not so much or not at all

Message 73 of 79
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think now they have gone too far in the other direction ,giving out huge limits that some people may not be able to handle. Things will come down eventually.

Message 74 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you did not get the IHG card, I got that card with a measly 3k limit but it was my first ever application of any kind with Chase.  I then applied for the Hyatt card like two-three or so weeks later and got it with a 5k limit.  Scores in the 650-700 range depending on the report pulled.  I was sure I'd not get approved and did, glad I did!

My only flat out deny so far was applying for an AmEx Everyday card.  Deny, recon was worthless.  I might try again in the future but I doubt it now as I think I no longer need that card and found other options I will use more.

I do want to try for Citi Doublecash - waiting on that one for now.

Message 75 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uhhh why did chase pull my Trans union the other day and then just now pull experian?  Woman on phone said only one bureau was pulled and accessing a second would not make a difference.

UPDATE!  Guess who looks like the dummy for complaining?

Ha. IHG Approved! $5k limit, world mastercard!  I am so glad I called in again on another day. I don't think I would have called if it wasn't for the alert.  The rep even advised me to call back TOMORROW and recon the Hyatt!  See... I knew something was up with that lady yesterday. She was really really mean.

The woman on phone today said the $500 slate charge off WAS affecting my decision. I promptly apologized, asked if it was a collection converted, she insisted it wasnt, and she said the amount was so low to not worry about it. She didn't care about ANY of my other limits, she didnt care about my loan error, nothing. I explained to her the card doesn't have 0 percent interest, why would I carry a balance or run it up high? I also said I wished the bureaus reported when consumers make multiple payments iwthin a month!

I knew something was up with that lady. She was very very quick to judge, interrupted me way too many times, and just sounded mad at the world!

YAHOO! Now tomorrow, secure message to get 80k points and $50 credit, and recon that Hyatt!  Thank you myfico for never taking no for an answer!  Lol now like in my dream, this thread can be moved to approvals! (maybe better wait until tomorrow when I recon that Hyatt tho lol)

Message 76 of 79
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the overturned decision..

Message 77 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Uhhh why did chase pull my Trans union the other day and then just now pull experian?  Woman on phone said only one bureau was pulled and accessing a second would not make a difference.

Ha. IHG Approved! $5k limit, world mastercard!  I am so glad I called in again on another day. I don't think I would have called if it wasn't for the alert.  The rep even advised me to call back TOMORROW and recon the Hyatt!  See... I knew something was up with that lady yesterday. She was really really mean.

The woman on phone today said the $500 slate charge off WAS affecting my decision. I promptly apologized, asked if it was a collection converted, she insisted it wasnt, and she said the amount was so low to not worry about it. She didn't care about ANY of my other limits, she didnt care about my loan error, nothing. I explained to her the card doesn't have 0 percent interest, why would I carry a balance or run it up high? I also said I wished the bureaus reported when consumers make multiple payments iwthin a month!

I knew something was up with that lady. She was very very quick to judge, interrupted me way too many times, and just sounded mad at the world!

YAHOO! Now tomorrow, secure message to get 80k points and $50 credit, and recon that Hyatt!  Thank you myfico for never taking no for an answer!  Lol now like in my dream, this thread can be moved to approvals! (maybe better wait until tomorrow when I recon that Hyatt tho lol)

Haha sounds like you've been going thru some serious drama as of late. Glad you were approved for the IHG card, congrats. 

The Hyatt card might be harder to get and the min limit for that is 5k since the minimum redemption for a category level 1 hotel is 5000 pts. 

Message 78 of 79
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I guess Chase is now un-dead to you Smiley Very Happy

Message 79 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.