Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itchin' to app for IHG ($50+$60k) & Hyatt (2 free nts) Chase Co

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Itchin' to app for IHG ($50+$60k) & Hyatt (2 free nts) Chase Co

Well...it has been a few weeks since my last addition (amex PRG/delta gold). Which by the way, I couldn't be happier! The PRG has been my go-to card for dining out. Anytime I dine out I use a coupon or a gift card, put the rest on the PRG and get 2 mr points/dollar. Holler!

I have already met my minimum spend on both no thanks to property taxes. And while I kinda have a love/hate relationship with chase (their chase sapphire/freedom seem overrated to me) plus their whole less than 5 new accounts in 2 years rule...

I see the 60k points plus $50 offer popping up for me on the IHG.  Seems like a no brainer to me as I stay at a holiday inn property at least once a year, if not 5-6x.

I see the 2 free nights offer with the Hyatt. I am not a big person for Hyatt but I could become one. I just want this 2nd card as a backup incase of a double pull.

Both have annual fee waived first year. While the Hyatt is $75, it still includes a free night at 1 year aniversary.

Now, my inquiries are sitting at TU-8 EQ-2 EX-8 I think... The only reason why I have not pulled the trigger on this is the potential DOUBLE pull chase sometimes does. But the way I see it is...why not risk the double pull, get 2 cards, spend 2 grand, get up to 4-12 free nights at a holiday inn, 2 nights at a hyatt....

I dunno. I just would like some more point diversity in my stash. I don't want to limit myself to just one propery. And with hotel pricing becoming more competitiive I dont have an issue booking direct half the time anyway.  I know it seems greedy or that I am rushing. And believe me if it was a guaranteed single pull I'd only go for the IHG.

Somebody find me a better promo lol.  Seems like my scores are doing ok...just wish AMEX would get their act together and report! UGH!!!

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Itchin' to app for IHG ($50+$60k) & Hyatt (2 free nts) Chase Co

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...it has been a few weeks since my last addition (amex PRG/delta gold). Which by the way, I couldn't be happier! The PRG has been my go-to card for dining out. Anytime I dine out I use a coupon or a gift card, put the rest on the PRG and get 2 mr points/dollar. Holler!

I have already met my minimum spend on both no thanks to property taxes. And while I kinda have a love/hate relationship with chase (their chase sapphire/freedom seem overrated to me) plus their whole less than 5 new accounts in 2 years rule...

I see the 60k points plus $50 offer popping up for me on the IHG.  Seems like a no brainer to me as I stay at a holiday inn property at least once a year, if not 5-6x.

I see the 2 free nights offer with the Hyatt. I am not a big person for Hyatt but I could become one. I just want this 2nd card as a backup incase of a double pull.

Both have annual fee waived first year. While the Hyatt is $75, it still includes a free night at 1 year aniversary.

Now, my inquiries are sitting at TU-8 EQ-2 EX-8 I think... The only reason why I have not pulled the trigger on this is the potential DOUBLE pull chase sometimes does. But the way I see it is...why not risk the double pull, get 2 cards, spend 2 grand, get up to 4-12 free nights at a holiday inn, 2 nights at a hyatt....

I dunno. I just would like some more point diversity in my stash. I don't want to limit myself to just one propery. And with hotel pricing becoming more competitiive I dont have an issue booking direct half the time anyway.  I know it seems greedy or that I am rushing. And believe me if it was a guaranteed single pull I'd only go for the IHG.

Somebody find me a better promo lol.  Seems like my scores are doing ok...just wish AMEX would get their act together and report! UGH!!!

There is a 80K + $50 offer tooling around if you are willing to uncover it.

Message 2 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah I tried looking for that and all the links stopped working. good to hear that, I will start looking for it again.

could do this: https://dannydealguru.wordpress.com/2015/06/05/ihg-rewards-club-select-credit-card-80k-points-plus-50-credit-offer/

I also see a better hyatt deal that includes $50 and 5k points

Message 3 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah I tried looking for that and all the links stopped working. good to hear that, I will start looking for it again.

could do this: https://dannydealguru.wordpress.com/2015/06/05/ihg-rewards-club-select-credit-card-80k-points-plus-50-credit-offer/

If no links work, proceed.

Message 4 of 79
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

That Chase "rule" of no more than 5 new accts in 2 years hasn't applied to me (yet). Most recently I was approved for the Inited Explorer with a truckload of new accts. it wasn't instant, but eventually approved after just waiting a few days. I don't think the rules are quite as tight for the co-branded cards.

I had Hyatt at one point and while the free nights were relatively easy to redeem. I just didn't use the card as much as I'd anticipated. I've been tempted to try for IHG recently but quickly came to my senses. I have over 20 inqs across all reports.
Message 5 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

I have IHG and just got my 70k pts bonus. The small af is more than worth it to me! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 79
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
I have IHG and just got my 70k pts bonus. The small af is more than worth it to me! Smiley Happy

Is the IHG card uglier than the QS card?  It appears to be Smiley Happy.. Just curious, kinda off subject I know and I know it shouldnt matter on the look of the cardSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 79
onstar
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Is the IHG card uglier than the QS card?  It appears to be Smiley Happy.. Just curious, kinda off subject I know and I know it shouldnt matter on the look of the cardSmiley Happy

Yup, the IHG card is really ugly. I try not to look at it when I use it.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 8 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

Haha CC they're bout the same plain Jane. I have the QS Siggy. Not sure how regular QS looks.
Message 9 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

You gonna ask for the 80K?
Message 10 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.