Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itching to App

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Itching to App

@1992 wrote:

After having my Discover IT for 4 months I'm ready to app for more, but should I..

I blame the scratch on Citi and Chase prequalify sites.  Chase prequals me for the freedom, sapphire, slate and Citi prequels me for the double cash (only checked the cash rewards category).  

My Discover TU seems to have settled at 730 after spiking to 760 as a result of being added as an AU. 

Do I app or wait for the double cash/freedom?  

You should get a Chase card....it would be beneficial for your file and their pre-qual from what I have read is going to be correct for approvals 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 11 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@1992 wrote:

After having my Discover IT for 4 months I'm ready to app for more, but should I..

I blame the scratch on Citi and Chase prequalify sites.  Chase prequals me for the freedom, sapphire, slate and Citi prequels me for the double cash (only checked the cash rewards category).  

My Discover TU seems to have settled at 730 after spiking to 760 as a result of being added as an AU. 

Do I app or wait for the double cash/freedom?  

You should get a Chase card....it would be beneficial for your file and their pre-qual from what I have read is going to be correct for approvals 

+1

Not only that but in the unlikely event of an initial denial it's almost always overturned thru Chase Recon reps into an approval afterwards. They field really cooperative Recon Reps who are more then willing to assist you in getting in with them thru that method.

Message 12 of 18
Heatherkins
New Contributor

I would love love a Chase card. I applied last year at the same time I applied for my DiscoverIT. I was denied because I had a prior charge off from like 2007ish (college).

I am not sure whether to apply or not because I was denied. I currently have 1 inquiry only because of that Chase denial from Oct 21, 2013. 

Message 13 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Heatherkins wrote:

I would love love a Chase card. I applied last year at the same time I applied for my DiscoverIT. I was denied because I had a prior charge off from like 2007ish (college).

I am not sure whether to apply or not because I was denied. I currently have 1 inquiry only because of that Chase denial from Oct 21, 2013. 

Go thru the Chase Prequal page and just see if any offers come up for you. Theres no harm and it's only a SP to see what if anything they might have for you.

Message 14 of 18
Heatherkins
New Contributor

It said nothing and then had a disclaimer about opt out. Which I think I did opt out at one time. :\ 

Message 15 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You must be opted in for those to do their checking for good offers.

Here's where you can Opt In or Out page:

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi

@Heatherkins wrote:

It said nothing and then had a disclaimer about opt out. Which I think I did opt out at one time. :\ 

Message 16 of 18
Heatherkins
New Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You must be opted in for those to do their checking for good offers.

Here's where you can Opt In or Out page:

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi

@Heatherkins wrote:

Thanks so much! 

Message 17 of 18
Valued Member

Sorry to bump an old thread of mine, but I didn't want to start another over the same topic.

so something horrible happened - chase now prequalifies me for the marriott and united explorer cards in addition to the other three..  Of course I want the marriott card.

Can someone please tell me I'll for sure get denied.  

TU 757 (04/30)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.