Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itchy Trigger Finger....HELP!!!!!

tag
stealthc63
New Contributor

Itchy Trigger Finger....HELP!!!!!

So here's my dilemma. I've had my Chase card since 2005 when they were WAMU. The card started out at $2000 and I accidentally went over by about $20 and it took me a few months to PIF. As soon as I did they dropped me to $250. I have been at $250 for over 5 years. I use the card for gas but because the limit is so low I can't do much with it. I called the recon number to see what they could do and they said they would have to do a hard pull. There in lies the problem. I want to do a 3x cli increase on my Amex in Feb and I'm wondering if the new inquiry will affect that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I did receive a $2000 CLI from Capital One after emailing the CEO so for all you Crap One people there is still hope!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Itchy Trigger Finger....HELP!!!!!

What's more important to you, the AMEX CLI or the potential escalation CLI from Chase?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

From what I've read, people have had better luck with getting new card and transferring limits.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
stealthc63
New Contributor

Sigh.....I guess I'll hold off till after I request the 3x CLI. I hate waiting....

Message 4 of 8
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
From what I've read, people have had better luck with getting new card and transferring limits.

YMMV

The initial credit limit on my Chase Freedom Visa Signature card was $5,700. After a hard inquiry for a credit limit increase request, got bumped to $18,000.

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have heard more about getting new card from Chase and getting instant huge lines like $10k-$15k and some even over that with other Chase Cards sitting at $500-$1000 for years and years with no sucess of movement.  As posted above, some have had luck... but I think if I was going to take the INQ I rather get a new account!!

Especially now with this new little "Pre-Approval" thing has come up... I wish I could get my partner to do it... (he shows an offer) me and 2 other friends show nothing so to me looks like it works! lol

OH and about the Amex... No I don't think they will care one bit!!

Message 6 of 8
JonStur
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have heard more about getting new card from Chase and getting instant huge lines like $10k-$15k and some even over that with other Chase Cards sitting at $500-$1000 for years and years with no sucess of movement.  As posted above, some have had luck... but I think if I was going to take the INQ I rather get a new account!!

Especially now with this new little "Pre-Approval" thing has come up... I wish I could get my partner to do it... (he shows an offer) me and 2 other friends show nothing so to me looks like it works! lol

OH and about the Amex... No I don't think they will care one bit!!

+1..BTW,, tried the Pre-Approval and was offered the Slate and the Freedom...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

This, but YMMV. Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.