Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its almost App Time

tag
trudawg660
Contributor

Its almost App Time

Well i have been holding off on applying for anything because i was planning on buying a new car, well that time is almost here. in the next two weeks i will be applying for my car loan and i decided to go a little app crazy. so my loan is one inq, and i want a Starwood card (love their hotels). is there any other cards anyone recommend?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Its almost App Time

CC apps will each 'count' as there is very likely no de-duplication for those.  I'd' get the auto loan first, then apply.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 8
trudawg660
Contributor

oh i was going to do that first. am waiting until i get the vin number for my car
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

For card recommendations, it would probably help if we had some idea of your scores on each report, your baddies on each report, and what you're looking for from a card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
trudawg660
Contributor

i wish a simple fico number but i had a 730 before i used my credit card and then the i had to use one of my cards very heavy the card had a 6000 limit and i used 5100. well that dropped it down to a 690. i paid my card back down to 800 and they gave my a credit increase so my limit is now 9000. so now am hoping to get at least half or all that back. my statement comes out tomorrow. i have no baddie on my credit report, no late payments. and the score i was refuring to was my equifax score. i don't know my transunion and experian.
Message 5 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

trudawg660 wrote:
oh i was going to do that first. am waiting until i get the vin number for my car

Okay, whew!  Sign off on all docs, drive home and get on the computer and then app away!  Smiley Happy

Make sure your EX is nice and purdy for the Starwood card.  Several of us are so mad at (SC)AMEX that we want to throw things at their TV commercials, but if you like nutty CCCs, go for it!  Smiley Wink

I'd start thinking about rewards cards if I were you.  Once you pick out a few we can give you some advice on the pros and cons (or you could always search around here).

Good luck! 

(Sigh, I miss app'ing)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 8
trudawg660
Contributor

i have a american express already but its through usaa so it just has the logo, it doesn't abide by many of their crazy rules
Message 7 of 8
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I would go with PenFed. Since you only have 1 inquiry and low util., your chances of getting approved are high. Plus, they would only pull your report once if you applied for an auto loan and a CC through them.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.