Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its back - Amex pre-approval link

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Its back - Amex pre-approval link

Sighhh....no special offers for me Smiley Sad

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 11 of 53
titanofold
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Sighhh....no special offers for me Smiley Sad

Don't feel bad. They don't like me either. Smiley Sad

We'll start our own club. That'll make 'em feel bad!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 12 of 53
coterotie
Established Contributor

Any reports of success here?  I burned them a long time ago, but the pre-qual popped up with offers for blue preferred and the Delta Gold (which I would love to have).  I'm going to check for my wife since she paid off her cards (37K no burnage but a big part of why I ended up burning them).  The 50K miles gives me just enough to get the family to Hawaii for free.

Really curious here as I don't want to waste the inquiry.

Message 13 of 53
JCreazy
Established Member

I didn't get any offers through this but I applied for BCE and was approved.

Message 14 of 53
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:
The pre screen recognizes current members and redirects to login

Yup, same happened for me.  Used both Mozilla and Google Chrome, which I NEVER use, and it recognised me as a current member and directed me to log in.  Also tried with cookies and cache cleared for IE, did the same thing.

Message 15 of 53
Networth
Frequent Contributor

It recoginzes us as current card members not because cookies or browser cache. It see's your name, address, last four of SSN that gets pulled up in Amex's system. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 16 of 53
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Networth wrote:

It recoginzes us as current card members not because cookies or browser cache. It see's your name, address, last four of SSN that gets pulled up in Amex's system. 

<--------------- Head slaps forehead!  Good Grief!!!!  Smiley Surprised  An "Aha" moment!

Message 17 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried it and it did NOT say it was a soft inquiry. They told me they would do a review of my credit and I was acknowledging that. I wasn't interested in a hard inquiry. Appreciate your letting us know the link is back!
Message 18 of 53
kroberts67
Established Contributor

"This is not an application for credit. In addition to locating your existing special Card offers, we will determine if you are eligible for any other special offers. This determination may include a review of your recent credit history and/or other information. Identification of special Card offers does not guarantee account approval. By selecting View My Card Offers you acknowledge the above."

Hmmmmm.  HP?  SP?  Normally the quote includes a blurb about how this "will not affect my credit".  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

kroberts67 - Thanks! Maybe I missed that! I will go back.
Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.