Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its been a year... alot has happened.

tag
I-got-it-finally
New Contributor

Its been a year... alot has happened.

Hi Myfico family...Smiley Happy

I can't believe that it has been over a year since I made my initial post on myfico.com:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/I-had-no-idea-what-I-was-doing-when-I-did-it-Now-I-do-T...

Or even more so since My CLD's from GE:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/UPDATE-I-m-so-totally-frustrated-and-embarrassed-CLD-s-...

Alot has happened in that year and here's a brief up date:

GE cards: Although they haven't increased, nor I have requested any--my GE backed cards  CL's remain the same---  and this is quite alright with me. I was able to pay them all to a zero balance.  When they CLDed me this was a perplexing and sad time for me, as I'd worked so hard and was also extremely proud of what I thought I'd accomplished.   I let the anger fade and took on a can do attitude and just let time take its course. I have used the cards, but pay them off right away! 

Other lenders: In the case of my other cards-- if I purchase something I pay it in the store right away( I like to get the rewards and discounts) None of my other leaders have decreased anything( thank goodness!). I'm still working on my state taxes, but by this time next year they should also be paid.

Comenity and Capital One increases:

Comenity Bank has provided a few increases and so has Capital One(after I paid a large chunk)

Inquiries and score

Most of my inquires have fallen off and  my score is showing signs of improvement.. its a slow process but I'm moving back to what my score was prior to the CLD's. I'm also down to 15% utilization.

However, what's most interesting is the improvement of DH situation:

As described in my first post, he had a horrible score due to a failed venture and not being able to make timely payments. He though his situation was a lost cause and mine was easier to handle. However, after learning from MyFICO, I  monitored his credit and waited for the negatives to fall off. I then encouraged him to apply for a Capital One card which he received and explained alot of what I learned here and in a years time he has acquire:

Two Capital One cards, a Barclay's, Discover,NFCU cash rewards card and most recently a Diners ( the latter two have HUGH limits).. No store cards for him( learned from my mistake Smiley Sad--- just major cards with rewardsSmiley Happy He's gone from zero credit to an initial $500 to little over 35K in credit---- which he uses responsibility. He always carrys a zero balance( I'm so proud)  I asked him to put me on as an AU on the NFCU to help my utilization-- but hes thinking it about it:-- the nerve!Smiley Happy  He is now protecting his credit fiercely...tee hee

As for myself I still get frustrated( I want things to happen over night) but, I visit the site daily- which keeps me encouraged and in the know. Also, I've been able to help a few friends along the way-- who now have better credit limits and scores than meSmiley Happy

Thanks you MyFico Family for everything.

Working everyday... to be better and wiser.
Goal: 710-750

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

Re: Its been a year... alot has happened.

Congrats--SO nice to hear happy success stories.

Give yourself (and your husband) big props for going through this learning process and getting on track!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 2 of 21
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice progress.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to you and your husband and I wish you continued success!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stories like this are so good to read! Congratulations on your success!

Message 5 of 21
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

This is the kind of story I like to read Smiley Happy Congrats to both of you!!!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 6 of 21
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your successful credit journey! A little planning can go a long way!

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. As others have stated on these forums, think of good credit as a journey and not the destination. The journey might be longer for some than others, but it is attainable for everyone. I was lucky enough to always have good to excellent credit, but life issues can ruin anyone's credit. The good news, as you know, is that you can fix your credit and things will get good again in the future. 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a wonderful story! Its nice to hear others credit journeys Smiley Happy Congrats on hanging in there and keeping a great attitude!

Message 9 of 21
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to you and your husband! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.