cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its funny how you get credit when you dont need it...

tag
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Its funny how you get credit when you dont need it...

Its proof that gardening works. I have just been using my chase cards and paying my bills on time and been slowly collecting cards since 2010. I started with $3000 and a single USAA credit card. My profile has grown since then and just today I noticed my Usaa card which had grown to $4500 back in 2011 sometime is now at $5900. Not sure when that happened but I'll take it. I hadnt used that card since November of 2012.  I am hoping to get my 3x increase from amex this month so I will have a total of $30700 in credit if I include my discount tire store card which sits at $800.  I dont think I really have any more reason to get more increases or any more cards. In fact, I almost feel guilty that I have some nice cards that I dont even use. I dont use my amex too much or my discover or my USAA really at all. I sometimes feel I should throw them a bone but I like my CSP/Freedom combo a lot. Anyway, I just thought I would share this for some reason. Happy gardening!

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Re: Its funny how you get credit when you dont need it...

Congrats!

However, I am a big proponent of increasing your credit limits as it is an easy fix if they deny you for too much available credit, whereas having too high of a utilization can be a lot harder to get down if your in a rough spot.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.