Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its official : Amex is allowing to have 5 revolve or lend cards now

tag
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

Its official : Amex is allowing to have 5 revolve or lend cards now

Hello Friends ..

Its been while I posted on this forum. This is best forum for the credit card seekers to get best advice. 

Ok ..as my subject line screams its confirmed that now we can have maximum of 5 revolve or lending American express credit cards. This does not include any Charge card. 

I now have following cards on my name as a basic/primary card member :

1. Blue Cash Everyday® - 5K  - Approved -2016 June 

2. Amex EveryDay Card - 12K - Approved - 2015

3. ZYNC® Card - Charge Card  - Approved -2010

4. Hilton HHonors Card - 2K - Approved -2014

5. Business Green Card - Charge Card  - Approved -2015

6. Blue for Business -10K - Approved - 2016 June 

7. SimplyCash® Plus Card -16K - Approved - 2016 May 

i am member since 2010 and I do have 7 to 8 additional cards from American express. Once i got FR and I cleared it. My scores are above 750 as of now. Only by Business Green Card has annual fee of $75 [ I converted it from $95 to $75 last week] other than that pretty much no annual fee cards i secured. Now and then with Amex offers I do cheese maximum of them. 

Amex loves its existing customers if you are good with them and use thier cards now and then. Also i applied two lend cards Blue Cash and Blue for Business on the same day and cancelled my Costco card. 

Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions related to my experience with Amex.

USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Its official : Amex is allowing to have 5 revolve or lend cards now

Thanks for the info!

Message 2 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

How was this "officially" confirmed?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

How was this "officially" confirmed?

Atually it has been pretty much confirmed elsewhere for over a month if not longer.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have one Amex card. The Blue Cash Everyday card. Had it since 2011. They've never given me a credit line increase but I have requested one and they gave it to me right away with no HP. 

I really want to get the Gold or Platinum charge card but I can't justfy the annual fees. I'm constantly looking for any excuse/justification so I can pull the trigger lol!

Message 5 of 9
Sharingan
Established Contributor

If true, this would be great news. I wasn't happy about having to close one of my revolvers in order to open my BCP a few months ago due to the cap of 4 that was enforced at the time. I was already contemplating which one to axe next for the SPG Business. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was only confirmed that folks with an Everday or Everyday Preferred were able to have 5 revolvers instead of the usual 4?

Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the data!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.