Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its that time of year again...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its that time of year again...

Its been some time since i applied for new credit which was last janurary until this afternoon when i was at the mall and to my knowledge was approved for the nordstrom visa 5,000 limit im so happy and i haven't had an inquiry in a while and this cold weather here in ct is making me in the holiday sprit I recently pulled my credit EQ 783 EX761 TU 739 about 3 inquires on each

My credit card christmas wish limit And the wifes list HAHA please comment thoughts which ones would go with my credit profile and easy approvals I want to chose four !!

Victoria Secret

Bloomingdales

Lord & Taylor 

Neiman Marcus

Apple Barclay 

Thoughts anyone ??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Its that time of year again...

@Anonymous wrote:

Its been some time since i applied for new credit which was last janurary until this afternoon when i was at the mall and to my knowledge was approved for the nordstrom visa 5,000 limit im so happy and i haven't had an inquiry in a while and this cold weather here in ct is making me in the holiday sprit I recently pulled my credit EQ 783 EX761 TU 739 about 3 inquires on each

My credit card christmas wish limit And the wifes list HAHA please comment thoughts which ones would go with my credit profile and easy approvals I want to chose four !!

Victoria Secret

Bloomingdales

Lord & Taylor 

Neiman Marcus

Apple Barclay 

Thoughts anyone ??

from what ive read you can do the shopping cart trick for vs. 

make an account. put all the correct info and put some stuff in the cart. 

then when you go to check out should give you a pop up for a cc saying your pre approved. 

and from what i read on the other thread its not even a hard pull even if you accept. 

as for shopping what do you plan on buying for the list? do you want store cards or something you could use anywhere? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks and mostly stores because i dont have any i have the freedom, gold, thankyou, and discover more and nordstrom visa 

@creditnocash wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Victoria Secret

Bloomingdales

Lord & Taylor 

Neiman Marcus

Apple Barclay 

Thoughts anyone ??

then when you go to check out should give you a pop up for a cc saying your pre approved. 

and from what i read on the other thread its not even a hard pull even if you accept. 

as for shopping what do you plan on buying for the list? do you want store cards or something you could use anywhere? 

Message 3 of 8
adavis425
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Victoria Secret

Bloomingdales

Lord & Taylor 

Neiman Marcus

Apple Barclay 

Thoughts anyone ??

as for shopping what do you plan on buying for the list? do you want store cards or something you could use anywhere

Exactly my question. Why bother with store cards??  The JCP I have is my oldest card, otherwise , I'd shut it down as I NEVER use it.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have many cards such as amex gold, freedom, citi thankyou, discover more and nordstrom visa 

i am proably going to apply for bloomingdales which is easy approval and one other card. I like store cards because of the perks and if you pay them in full you always get a increase

@adavis425 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Victoria Secret

Bloomingdales

Lord & Taylor 

Neiman Marcus

Apple Barclay 

Thoughts anyone ??

as for shopping what do you plan on buying for the list? do you want store cards or something you could use anywhere

Exactly my question. Why bother with store cards??  The JCP I have is my oldest card, otherwise , I'd shut it down as I NEVER use it.

Message 5 of 8
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I use to not see the benefit in having store cards since I have a few visa's and MC's. However, as a Bloomies, Macy's, VS and Nordstrom card holder, the coupons, sales and perks of being a cardholder has gotten me some great deals. Because store cards tend to have outrageous APR's, I just PIF each month. But they are great to have around the holidays.

Message 6 of 8
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I can't (don't want to) app for new credit for awhile.  I'm hoping I get a Wally Discover upgrade though.  That would make my year!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it looks like you have great credit just apply for the discover more and get a better limit

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I can't (don't want to) app for new credit for awhile.  I'm hoping I get a Wally Discover upgrade though.  That would make my year!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.