Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ive hit the credit wall...!

tag
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Ive hit the credit wall...!

Well it is time for me to find a new hobby for the time being, maybe I'll get into collecting decorative stamps. Smiley Tongue

Asked for CLI from BofA and got the "maximum credit line allowed" in the denial letter

CL: 6500
Income: 14K (college student)

Anyway. Its cool Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ive hit the credit wall...!

@creditconcept wrote:
Well it is time for me to find a new hobby for the time being, maybe I'll get into collecting decorative stamps. Smiley Tongue

Asked for CLI from BofA and got the "maximum credit line allowed" in the denial letter

Maybe it's time to apply else where?

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hit your exposure with them, not other lenders..

Message 3 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Hit your exposure with them, not other lenders..

+1. Since your in college you definetly should not go crazy with credit cards and if you are not working etc it is probably hard to meet min spend (then again I remember books being insanely expensive). I would want 2-3 cards total just to build the credit history with. Credit lines aren't soo important at that stage, but having accounts age this early on will really hook you up after school once you have decent income coming in. Just make sure to go for non-AF cards. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@creditconcept wrote:

Wow, that must be what they feel comfortable giving you. BofA cards can go fairly high.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 6
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Op, 

No worries this is just temporary besides your income will go majorly upwards as well.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.