Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J.Crew Pre Approval Letter?

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

J.Crew Pre Approval Letter?

So last month I was experimenting with the shopping cart trick.  I was able to get it to work for an Express card ($250), I didn't really want the card or the tiny $250 CL, but I had a wedding coming up so I accepted it and threw some new pants and a shirt on the card for a few days.  Anyway this week I get a letter from J.Crew saying I'm pre approved here's your code blah blah blah.  Anybody else ever get this?  I'm not really interested in the card, and actually shredded the letter but I guess I've never seen this for a store card before? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: J.Crew Pre Approval Letter?

@EndlessRoad wrote:

So last month I was experimenting with the shopping cart trick.  I was able to get it to work for an Express card ($250), I didn't really want the card or the tiny $250 CL, but I had a wedding coming up so I accepted it and threw some new pants and a shirt on the card for a few days.  Anyway this week I get a letter from J.Crew saying I'm pre approved here's your code blah blah blah.  Anybody else ever get this?  I'm not really interested in the card, and actually shredded the letter but I guess I've never seen this for a store card before? 

Not from J Crew. I have received pre apps from store cards they are pretty prevalent as well. JCP, Walmart being the 2 that I took

Message 2 of 6
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

I received one last week.  In December I used the Shopping Cart Trick for VS and HSN's Mastercard.  I also got the offer from J Crew but didn't apply or accept.

I just shredded it, I have too many new TLs another new one would hurt me too much plus I don't really shop there.  What I need longer term is Bloomingdales and Macys but they will have to wait until after the mortgage.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 3 of 6
39Xelor
Established Member

Yea, Comenity will sometimes mail you letter if you didn't "bite" at their offer upon checkout trying to entice you to app..

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 4 of 6
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies, makes sense I guess.  I still regret opening th Express card in a way...$250 CL, and I rarely ever shop Express.  Oh well I suppose I could close it out one of these days when I'm bored...might be an Express Cap1 closure day in my future! 

Message 5 of 6
39Xelor
Established Member

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Thanks for the replies, makes sense I guess.  I still regret opening th Express card in a way...$250 CL, and I rarely ever shop Express.  Oh well I suppose I could close it out one of these days when I'm bored...might be an Express Cap1 closure day in my future! 

I did the exact same thing.. App'd for the express card and I don't really shop there that much anymore.. However, even though I too started out with a 250 CL over time it has been raised to over 1k.. So thats a good thing, and they were soft pull CLI's..

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.