Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J Crew. what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

J Crew. what to do?

so ive had j crew for 13 months now and i have not had a single increase. still sitting at $250.    it continues to bug me.   i have other comenity store cards that have had 4 increase each.   vic secret, gamestop , express and express each started at $250  all of them are at $1150.      my scores are mid 600's   recent spree lowered them a bit but when i was high 600's i still wasnt getting an increase.    any suggestions on what to do,   reason why my other comenity cards have grown but not this one?? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: J Crew. what to do?

This card took a while to grow for me as well.  I was approved for 250 auto CLI to 500 and it stayed at 500 for a year.  I was then able to get mines to go from 500-4450.  However, I used my card a lot.  Do you use the card?  It took mines over a year to grow as well.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

I really dont know why yours doesn't grow. I have mine about a year ago with $750 limit ... now i am at $23k. I can ask for $300 increase everyday - I am just too lazy to ask for increase.  

Message 3 of 6
gibeon
Established Contributor

This may sound like a stupid question, but do you use the card at all?

I cant recall when I got mine, but less than 18 months ago, and it has grown from $250ish to $9k, and  all I ever do is buy a pair of socks every few months. I wait for the balance to report, then pif. 

Not it sure why yours is not growing when they are generally known to do so. 

Do do you get the red box when you try to CLI online? Or does it just say nope after you submit?

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i use the card every 2 months or so..    most was $90.   i get the red box.    ive tried calling, presing the button, and thru the phone and always been denied.  i check atleast 1 maybe 2 a month. i have other comenity cards that have grown with less history.   nothing has changed in my credit in regards of baddies (still 1)   ive added a few inquiries ( i have 9 total)  and ive added around 15,000 in limits on my other cards.   my inquirys are around 10.

Message 5 of 6
minimist
New Contributor

My Jcrew was like this too. It was one of my first Comenity cards, had it since 2014 and used it regularly. Started at $500. Always got denied for an increaase even as other cards got increased mult times and I got higher SLs on newer cards with them. I ended up closing it a couple of weeks ago. A lot of people state that it is one if the fastest growing store cards but that was completely not the case for me for some reason.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.