Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J P MORGAN SELECT approved

tag
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: J P MORGAN SELECT approved

All 3 credit reports, might I add. I was glad to see that when I pulled my reports early May.
Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

If true this is poor news for me.

Message 32 of 44
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

I can't speak for anyone else's situtaion but it's the case for me.  If you do a search, others have stated that the limit reports for them as well.  May not be the case with everyone.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 33 of 44
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Strepthroat wrote:

I have to chime in on the JP Morgan Select card not reporting.  I had the card, then consolidated the limit to another signature Visa, both cars show credit limit and balance.

Does anyone know if it's true for the JPM Ritz Carlton Card? It seems to be true for both the palladium and select, so I'm wondering if it's for all JPM cards or just these 2?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 34 of 44
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

In my case, my Ritz Carlton Visa and JP Morgan Select both report the credit limit and balance on all 3 reports. 

Message 35 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know what material the Select card is made of?  I wonder if the card numbers are engraved on the back like the CSP's.  Maybe the card is metal like the Palladium?  Maybe there is a thin slice of metal between plastic like the CSP?

JPmorgan is salivating for the JP Morgan Select card!

It's a regular plastic credit card, with raised numbers on the front (no engraving); however, it is NOT brown like in the online picture, it's more like a glittery bronze. Pretty nice design in person.

When JPM Palladium users ask for extra plastic cards, it looks identical to the The JPM Select card btw.

Really?? So you apply for a Palladium but when you ask for the plastic version, they give you a card that looks just like the select? Way to differentiate lol

Message 36 of 44
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know what material the Select card is made of?  I wonder if the card numbers are engraved on the back like the CSP's.  Maybe the card is metal like the Palladium?  Maybe there is a thin slice of metal between plastic like the CSP?

It's a regular plastic credit card, with raised numbers on the front (no engraving); however, it is NOT brown like in the online picture, it's more like a glittery bronze. Pretty nice design in person.

When JPM Palladium users ask for extra plastic cards, it looks identical to the The JPM Select card btw.

Really?? So you apply for a Palladium but when you ask for the plastic version, they give you a card that looks just like the select? Way to differentiate lol

Yes, really. Smiley Happy Perhaps they didn't anticipate people asking for plastic versions, and since the design is almost identical (only material/colors differs) to JPM Select, why not use that.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 37 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Haven't been following thread that closely.  Is the conclusion that JPM Select is now reporting to the credit bureaus?  I know card issuers were having problems with reporting flexible spending limits to CRAs so different issuers handled it differently.  So was the JPM Select not reporting for this reason, but it is now fixed so they are reporting now?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 38 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The metal card is the differentiator.  When you carry the plastic one, you are in undercover mode so I appreciate it looks like JPM Select.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 39 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The metal card is the differentiator.  When you carry the plastic one, you are in undercover mode so I appreciate it looks like JPM Select.

Does the metal one scratch easily?

I heard that the Sapphire scratches easily but might be different for the palladium i suppose.

They should make the plastic version look similar in color to teh metal one.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.