Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Re: JC PENNY denial letter

Bella1980 wrote:
Yeah, I am happy about Target,Walmart and Dillards.

I didn't get Bestbuy but would have liked that.

I need to get some high CL's though.

Yeah i'm tired of these low CL put i have to prove myself again that will come.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

I was denied in April for a JCP card and i lovvvvvvvvvvvve Pennys bc of all the sales and discounts!!!! So i was out shopping in JCP and I decided I should apply this was in July of last month i applied and was instantly approved ! I also live down the street from CVS its a dual card With Rite-aid also so I didnt give up true enuff I couldnt believe i was denied but since I saw them Soft me on my EQ credit report I decided to give it a try! my CL is 300 I ve used it well Ive heard they give the best CLI also! so dont give up if its a card you wanted! I love to shop there!  
~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

mrsanderson wrote:
I was denied in April for a JCP card and i lovvvvvvvvvvvve Pennys bc of all the sales and discounts!!!! So i was out shopping in JCP and I decided I should apply this was in July of last month i applied and was instantly approved ! I also live down the street from CVS its a dual card With Rite-aid also so I didnt give up true enuff I couldnt believe i was denied but since I saw them Soft me on my EQ credit report I decided to give it a try! my CL is 300 I ve used it well Ive heard they give the best CLI also! so dont give up if its a card you wanted! I love to shop there!  

Congrats why did they deny u the first time?

Established Contributor
Bella1980

Oh yeah forgot to add, I sent them a recon letter today.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

[ Edited ]
They said I had too many recent derogs and too few good standing accts(I only had one at the time! lol Im sure some of it was actually still there I cleaned my report up a lil bit more and I gained about 5 new cards and paid on time with those cards and bam I got the card to my surprise! I want Dillards now lol... I applied in April of this year and reapplied end of June!!!!  

Message Edited by mrsanderson on 08-09-2008 04:08 PM

~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

mrsanderson wrote:
They said I had too many recent derogs and too few good standing accts(I only had one at the time! lol Im sure some of it was actually still there I cleaned my report up a lil bit more and I gained about 5 new cards and paid on time with those cards and bam I got the card to my surprise! I want Dillards now lol... I applied in April of this year and reapplied end of June!!!!  

Well congrats again.

Established Contributor
MsKiwi

mrsanderson wrote:

I agree about penneys, I LOVE that store I was going to app there but the last 2 times I shopped they didn't even ask if I wanted to apply. I had my nerve up to say *yes, but since they didn't ask I somehow couldn't get the words out of my mouth that I would like to apply. I am a such a wimp.:smileyvery-happy: 
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

MsKiwi wrote:
I agree about penneys, I LOVE that store I was going to app there but the last 2 times I shopped they didn't even ask if I wanted to apply. I had my nerve up to say *yes, but since they didn't ask I somehow couldn't get the words out of my mouth that I would like to apply. I am a such a wimp.:smileyvery-happy: 

Don't be scared lol

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+