Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC Penney CLI

tag
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: JC Penney CLI

@irod1277 wrote:
I've paid at the store, online & through my bank account which is great because if I pay today they get it the next day. They just make me sad because I can't get them to say yes once. Even Orchard Bank gave me an increase & I've only been with them since March it wasn't much but at least it was something. I read about some ppls cli & wonder 1.How do they do it & 2. Why do they need so much credit. Thanks for your suggestions I love reading these forums.

#1: we work r way up the ladder, #2: the more credit u have the lower ur UTIL when u use a card and it reports a balance, also u get higher limits on new cards that u apply for, now my question to u is why u want a JCP card?

Message 21 of 29
irod1277
New Contributor

I already have the JCP card just wondering if I've done all of the things that everyone says you're supposed to do why no cli in 2 years that I've been with them.

Message 22 of 29
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@irod1277 wrote:
I already have the JCP card just wondering if I've done all of the things that everyone says you're supposed to do why no cli in 2 years that I've been with them.

if u dont feel the love and it has no AF, put it away and move on to real cards u can use anywhereSmiley Surprised

Message 23 of 29
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@irod1277 wrote:

There really are no set rules to CLI's with any lender. It's very much YMMV. I've heard of people with more than one 25k CL who still have a card that hasn't moved from 300 for 5 years.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 24 of 29
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: 

I believe at one time JCP used to own Eckerd Drugs, and Eckerd was sold to CVS and another group that was eventually purchased by Rite Aid.  The chains simply continue to accept JCP cards for payment.   

That is correct. I used to be able to use the Pennys card at Eckerds Drug Stores. All the Eckerds in Oklahoma City are no longer around but it still works @ CVS.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 25 of 29
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I opened my JCP card in November and they gave me $200.  They upped me to $1100 this week.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 26 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think JCP is either luving the cold weather in my freezer or out of credit for CLI's.....................Whichever it is i'm not using their card until I get a CLI!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 29
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Sorry to pull this bad boy out of the dregs, but just wanted to say I thought about this thread while I was at CVS today - busted out my JCP card and used it! Ha! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 28 of 29
Elated
Contributor

Hi LS2982,

I was feeling much like you, just a week or so ago, about JCP and the CLI's. Initially, I had a $1,500 CL with them back in 2009, when I went through my foreclosure. They immediately lowered my CL to $336, which was my balance owing at the time. Long story short, every since then I have been hitting the LUV Button on their website for the last 2 1/2 years, with no success. So finally, a couple of days ago I had an epiphony and decided to call the Customer Service number on my card to ascertain why they repeatedly keep denying me after all of this time. Since then, my credit has gotten notably better, and I have not been late on any of my bills for 3/12 years, but the foreclosure I went through. Anyway, I spoke to a CSR and they increased my CL from $336 to $1850.

So, the moral of the story is, try contacting a CSR...that might be the difference.

I hope this helps...good luck!Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.