cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC Penny CLI

New Contributor

JC Penny CLI

I called their CS today to get my balance as for some reason can't log online for account mangement...anyways I took the plunge and asked for a CLI.  First I asked if it was a soft pull or a hard pull...CSR indicated that it is a soft hit.  Well...immediately was approved for an $1800 CLI.  I was at $500 CL so that is a nice jump and will make my util go down, plus a soft hit to boot.

I am so glad that I found MyFico...I never knew you could just ask for a CLI...I just waited around for the automatic ones and for some of my cards I've never got an increase...such as my JC Penny card.  Thanks to everybody for their valuable advice!
6 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: JC Penny CLI

Congrats for the cli Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

Is it really a soft pull? I'm dying to see if I can get a bit more.

Karen
My Scores: 7/2 TU 548 EQ 533 EXP 588
8/20 TU 644 EXP 679 EQ 673
New Contributor

The CSR told me on the phone that she was told it was a "soft hit." That is the terminology that she used.  She'd better not have been lying to me!!!

Very courtous!!!

Message Edited by Susyflower on 07-24-2008 04:06 PM
Frequent Contributor

Yes it is a 'soft pull'.  I just got my card and called last night.  My initial CL was $500 and she bumped it to $1k for me in less than 30 seconds!

Don't try this with Belk however.  They will do a 'hard pull'.  Most people don't tell you unless you ask but this particular rep told me before she moved forward to get my approval.  Really appreciated that!
New Contributor

It was very fast for the approval...I asked for the CLI, I heard "click, click, click" and then the CSR saying "yes, you've been approved for $1,800.  Do you accpet that?"  I wonder what would've happened if I had said no I was hoping for a little more.  Didn't want to push my luck though.
Highlighted
Valued Member

How long have you had the card?  Do you use it alot?  PIF every month?