Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC Penny gave me a CLI!

tag
Shane1
New Contributor

Re: JC Penny gave me a CLI!

@PRILEY wrote:

CVS ?? Really , I've had one since 1997 and started with a $250 limit and was cld last year to $124. I haven't used the card in years but it helps my age of accounts. I'm scared it do anything with it of fears they will close it.

Eckerd/JCP/Rite Aid/CVS were all in bed with each other, and since that time the JCP cards have worked at all the locations. I use my card at CVS for the activity, and as an added bonus I have a CVS card so I get the money (in the form of store savings) from their rewards program every quarter.

$124 is the inactive credit limit. Same thing happened to me. I had one since 1998 that I hadn't used since 2000 and didn't remember even having in the first place. Last year I called to ask them about it, and they just verified some information and sent me a new card at my new address. I think they only close them if you say it's lost or stolen. Four months later, I received a CLI to $2400.

Message 11 of 15
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

Had their card since Jan 2010 but only started using it 4 months ago when my girlfriend discovered I had a charge account with them....she spent only about 150 or so with them since then and the card has never had a balance of more then 30 dollars at any time.....anyway I was nosing around on the site and tried the CLI button and entered my income and it gave me $1500. I was really surprised, but since its JCP I can't imagine buying anything from there anyway, so I guess its win-win. I had a myfico of 640 due to college when I applied, and after 5 other CC and store accounts it is down to 592 because of inquiries and account age.

When you requested the increase on the site did it result in a hard pull. Because i want to pull the trigger on this but not at the expense of a hard  inq.

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 12 of 15
ALP
New Contributor

GEMB IME does not pull a hard inq for CLI's. 

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 15
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@ALP wrote:

GEMB IME does not pull a hard inq for CLI's. 

Actually they did for me when I tried to get a credit line increase on my Care Credit account. They did a hard pull and declined me. So now I have a hard inquiry and nothing to show for it. Smiley Sad Haven't received a letter yet from them but I imagine the reason for the decline was probably my current utilization which is way higher than it was before July.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to add to this list!! Just called in and got an increase tonight. I have had this card for under 4 months, 3 months and a week or so, so I was worried about whether or not I should wait the full 4 months or not. The csr asked me how much I wanted, how much my annual income was and then said congrats, your 200 credit limit has just been raised to 500. Not bad!!! Especially when it hadnt hit the 4 month mark yet. Yippeee!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.