cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCB California.... Requirements? Should I apply?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

JCB California.... Requirements? Should I apply?

I saw post other day about a JCB Card for California and high reward returns but up until then didn't know you could get a JCB in US.

Im still not sure I completely understand what the card is for based on talk of some store and membership, etc.

Would I be able to use outside this store in CA if I wasn't traveling oversears or HI?

What kind of credit card they looking for? BK Friendly? what report do they pull?

I filled out app and scanned and emailed... got note saying please mail in original, no fax or email... I scan and shred everything so before I take time to go print and fill out and pay to send again is it something I should bother with stating the things above?

Thank You.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: JCB California.... Requirements? Should I apply?

Step away from the app! lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 31
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Outside which store? JCB is basically a Japanese Discover card. It's accepted everywhere Discover is, due to a recent alliance between Discover and JCB for reciprocal acceptance of the two payment networks.

Message 3 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Outside which store? JCB is basically a Japanese Discover card. It's accepted everywhere Discover is, due to a recent alliance between Discover and JCB for reciprocal acceptance of the two payment networks.

HMM... Anyone know who they pull, EQ like Discover?

Message 4 of 31
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Message 6 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

They pull experian. Can use in us where ever discover and jcb accepted. The card is partnered with Japanese store. 3% cash back is rich.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 31
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I say go for it!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If your true FICO is riding that mid 600's, I probably wouldn't waste the inquiry.  I believe jcb is fairly conservative.  I guess look at some of the credit card pull databases and see what their past behavior is.  But this JCB card is definitely a prime card.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 31
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

That alliance is strictly for B&M (card present) transaction.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.