Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP CLI Problem?

tag
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: JCP CLI Problem?

@Open123 wrote:

I made the same mistake many years ago, and to this day the Bank doesn't believe it was an honest mistake.  You can explain, but unless there's a central figure who understands what you're explaining, good luck on clearing it up!

The results were the Bank I made the mistake with never fully trusted me again.  So, I moved on.  It was my mistake.

After that, I always push payments rather than pulling them.  Anything to reduce that kind of unwitting error.

What is pushing a payment, and what is pulling a payment?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 11 of 14
chan85
Established Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I made the same mistake many years ago, and to this day the Bank doesn't believe it was an honest mistake.  You can explain, but unless there's a central figure who understands what you're explaining, good luck on clearing it up!

The results were the Bank I made the mistake with never fully trusted me again.  So, I moved on.  It was my mistake.

After that, I always push payments rather than pulling them.  Anything to reduce that kind of unwitting error.

What is pushing a payment, and what is pulling a payment?

Pushing from your bank, meaning you set up a payment to be sent through your online bill pay to pay the company.

Pulling from your bank, meaning you authorize XYZ credit company to deduct the payment from your bank account.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 12 of 14
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Last month I had a payment scheduled to go to AMEX from my Chase Bill pay.  Amex had changed their address, so the payment did not go through. I got lucky that I had made a minimum payment earlier since the payment never did go through. Chase showed the payment sent, with a change to a 5 day delivery instead of 1 day which I thought was weird. Then they returned the funds to my account and called the payment cancelled and undeliverable. I had called AMEX when the payment did not show up in my account. It was a big mess, and I am sure other people with Chase and AMEX had the same exact problem. Glad I "pulled" the minimum and that I called amex about the payment.   Pulling and pushing can cause payment issues. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 13 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Last month I had a payment scheduled to go to AMEX from my Chase Bill pay.  Amex had changed their address, so the payment did not go through. I got lucky that I had made a minimum payment earlier since the payment never did go through. Chase showed the payment sent, with a change to a 5 day delivery instead of 1 day which I thought was weird. Then they returned the funds to my account and called the payment cancelled and undeliverable. I had called AMEX when the payment did not show up in my account. It was a big mess, and I am sure other people with Chase and AMEX had the same exact problem. Glad I "pulled" the minimum and that I called amex about the payment.   Pulling and pushing can cause payment issues. Smiley Sad

I've never had this problem with any of my CC's. I pay from their prospective sites.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.