Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP CLI, whoa.

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

JCP CLI, whoa.

So the second card I got was a JCP Store card in October of 2011. The only other credit card I had at the time was a partially secured BoA Visa with a $500 limit. Surprisingly, they gave me a $900 limit on the JCP store card. Fast forward to now, and I haven't gotten any automatic CLIs and have been stuck at $900 since I opened the card.

I called the backdoor number on the stickied thread, and to my disappointment it was an automated system. After I entered my information it asked me how much of an increase I wanted. I asked for a $2,500 limit, expecting to be denied/countered. Next question was my income and I answered $17,000 (I'm a college student). I received instant approval for $2,500!

Now I'm thinking I should have asked for more, but I don't want to get greedy. My second highest CL is $1,000, so this is a pretty significant increase for me. I'm excited, just hope it wasn't a hard pull. Every single place I looked on these forums mentioned JCP CLI requests being soft pulls, so it should be a soft pull still, even though it asked for my income, right?

Either way I'm happy though. I think a $1,600 increase is worth a HP, no? Going to try my luck with my other store card (J. Jill) now, I'll update you guys.'

Edit: Woooo! 2/2 so far. J. Jill went from $1,000 to $1,300. $300 is nothing, but hey, I'll take it. The closer to 0% my util is, the happier I am.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: JCP CLI, whoa.

Nice increase

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCP CLI, whoa.

I would not get too greedy, then you can end up with a hard pull and no results.  Once I requested an increase on my Macy's card and they told me my request was not high enough that I needed to request more, now that was nice Smiley Happy  I have had GE JCP for about 3 years and am only at 3200, so you are doing okay Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.