Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP Card

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

JCP Card

Can anyone tell me what reporting agency JCP uses?  I'm considering applying for the card, but want to make sure the high score from TU is pulled.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Re: JCP Card

Im pretty sure JCP is GEMB and they pull Equifax... I have a walmart card who is also issued through GEMB and 100% sure it was Equifax. Im in OH
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as what I read, GEMB pretty much always pull equifax, but I have heard of a few occasions when they pulled Transunion, so theres a possiblity that you could get lucky.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied for a handful of GEMB cards, they pulled TU for each one for me. I'm in Indiana
Message 4 of 13
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

JCP = GEMB They pulled TU for every card I have for them.  I am in NY.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 5 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I believe this is a GEMB card, and they seem to be pretty staunch TU pullers, at least for me in VA.

However, as previous posters have stated, they are also known to pull EQ frequently.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 13
greyeyes33

Equifax For Me Also

Starting Score: 626
Current Score: 643
Goal Score:740

Message 7 of 13
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Google credit pulls database

Try this site. Enter credit card or creditor name, plus the state that you reside in. 

Message 8 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

Both my GE cards were recent TU pulls. in OH

Message 9 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

The JCPenney credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank). They almost always pull TU.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.